Syneos Health is currently engaged in a direct hire/full time search for one of our clients Therapeutics MD for a District Sales Manager. TherapeuticsMD, Inc. is an innovative healthcare company focused on developing and commercializing novel products exclusively for women. Our products are designed to address the unique changes and challenges women experience through the various stages of their lives with a therapeutic focus in family planning, reproductive health, and menopause management. The company is committed to advancing the health of women and championing awareness of their healthcare issues.
The District Sales Manager will be responsible for strategy, people management and performance related to the growth of TherapeuticsMD. The DSM will effectively analyze sales data to identify opportunities for business growth or areas of concern and is responsible for the management of sales, market development and strategic business planning and implementation of the Therapeutics MD line of products for their assigned district. The ideal candidate will have prior experience coaching and training teams to develop business with physicians through a consultative sales approach. The DSM will manage a team of 10 sales representatives and specialists. The successful incumbents will have a direct impact in building the commercial strategy and capabilities by acting as role model for Therapeutics MD’s value of keeping the patient at the center, collaboration and the pursuit of excellence in all we do.
- Direct a team of Sales Representatives in the acquisition, expansion and retention of targeted business within the assigned geographic area
- Utilizing knowledge and expertise of local market trends, institutions, and key customers to optimize our national strategy to drive business results at the regional level
- Participate in the formulation of Regional/District sales strategies, interpret strategies and apply to business issues within the geographic area
- Establish and manage Regional/District expense budgets; ensure appropriate return on investment
- Providing ongoing coaching, performance feedback and inspiration to build a high performing and engaged culture within the team
- Ensure district sales team operates in full compliance of company policies and corporate governance
- Inspire ownership, accountability, initiative, and engagement within the entire team by regularly communicating the vision, business objectives, performance outcomes, and future action steps
- Demonstrate relentless drive to achieve business goals for the region and can understand and evaluate the potential impact of external events on the approved regional strategies
- Partner with Marketing to identify and initiate sales, marketing, and public relation activities to meet business objectives; partner on development and delivery of all marketing programs.
- Identifying and seizing opportunities to build organizational efficiency and process improvements to positively impact business results
- Monthly presentations to Management team regarding strategy, execution and results.
- Travel: 70%+, including overnight travel
- BA/BS Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years pharma sales experience, 3 years in management and/or training preferred
- Previous experience in Women’s Health is preferred
- Experience in building sales teams and/or new product launch is desirable
- Proven track record of advanced business and management skills
- Use broad expertise or unique knowledge and skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Ability to look beyond one’s role and see oneself as responsible for the success of the company as a whole and working with others to help the organization improve its overall effectiveness
- Consultative sale and personnel management experience
- Highly committed, competitive and goal-driven sales management professional with track record of success in achieving sales goals, selecting and developing staff members and creating dynamic team relationships.
- Strong management and coaching skills, with proven ability to hold reps accountable for results; engage reps and build passion; ability to manage for top performance
- Effective Time Management Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Job ID: 1930