Position at Alpine
Alpine is seeking a District Sales Manager to support our Midwest region. The role is responsible for identifying sales goals and acting on opportunities to produce sales in the company’s truss industry product line while maintaining superior quality service to existing customers. Sales areas will be defined by territories within North America.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers.? Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive.? We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.?
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Develops and executes account plans and strategies aligned with Annual and Long Range plan objectives. Identifies competitive issues, industry trends and business opportunities. Meets/exceeds assigned sales and profitability targets in the assigned territory.
- Rigorously develops and maintains strong customer relationships within an assigned territory to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction. As the customer’s primary contact, proactively identifies potential service issues and/or opportunities for organic growth.
- Drives accelerated sales growth in assigned territory for existing accounts and new business to meet sales targets and performance objectives. Actively engaged in soliciting new business while growing existing accounts.
- Serves as the customer advocate and trusted business advisor in the organization. Handles customer issues to resolution. Marshalls resources such as software support, equipment sales and service, and engineering service, in order to meet account performance objectives and customer’s expectations.
- Understands and supports the organization’s short-term and long term goals. Champions Alpine’s business proposition through value added sales within territory.
- Proactively identifies customer issues and takes corrective actions to bring a resolution. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Ensures timely and successful delivery of Alpine solutions in order to meet customer needs and business objectives. Requires a deep understanding of Alpine products and services.
- Gains general understanding of customer or prospect’s business needs. Reviews and analyzes customer business processes and recommends solutions that enable the customer to achieve its goals.
- Uses value added selling process while executing the go to market strategy and negotiating skills to close business.
- Develops specific target sales plans to increase market share on targeted product lines
- Provides continuous market analysis of the territory by obtaining intelligence through internal and external sources in order to determine their connector plate sales volume as well as machinery inventory to validate market share data.
- Maintains an updated territory map showing geographic distribution of truss manufacturers and their key personnel.
- Develops a comprehensive working knowledge of all products, i.e., software and machinery,
- 4 Yr. Degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or Construction Mgmt. Preferred
- Min. of 3 yrs. experience of Wood truss constructiontechnology
- Strong Sales History
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional Presentation skills
- Proven Experience as a Highly Motivated, Results Driven, Self Starter
- Knowledge of Truss plant operations, i.e., software, paper flow, production & plant layout
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Computer skills including MS Office Suite Software – industry related software is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License within state of residence and good driving record