District Sales Manager - HVAC (NC & VA)
Established HVAC Manufacturer is seeking a SALES Professional (District Sales Manger) to call on Distributors in Virginia and North Carolina area!
- Responsible for representing the Company in a professional, competent manner among distributors while developing and implementing sales development plans to support attainment of distributor and Division growth, mix and profitability objectives.
- Core focus of position is the sales management leadership for distributor sales group, driving marketing and brand promotional activities and leading new business/dealer development initiatives.
- Functional requirements are establishing salesbudgets, establishing organizational objectives, personnel development, and distributor evaluation and rationalization.
• Analyze market potential in terms of unit sales and market share and establish annual and long-term sales and market share objectives. Utilize market statistics to assist customers in setting annual and long-term objectives and goals. Execute joint business plan by actively participating in necessary activities to complete desired objectives.
• Conduct training for distributor sales personnel to cover new and existing products, customer call strategies, and any topic related to HVAC equipment.
• Know and understand distributors long and short-term goals and objectives.
• Plansales call strategies with and without distributor sales personnel to contact air conditioning contractors, residential new construction and replacement contractors, commercial contractors, engineers, and utilities.
• Assist distributors management personnel in the planning and implementation of an annual advertising and promotion strategy. This includes reviewing programs with distributor management team on a regular basis.
• Plan and conduct dealer and sales meetings as required in individual markets.
• Develop and maintain working relationship with influential utilities, state and local regulatory agencies.
• Review financial status of distributor accounts, making every effort to ensure that accounts are current and that statements are clean of questionable deductions.
• Review distributors inventories to ensure that such is adequate, current, and relative to the market.
• Assist customers in developing competitive pricing surveys, review and preapprove distributors pricing requests to the Pricing Department. DSM should properly balance the margin sharing available between distributor and the Company throughout all negotiations.
• DSM should assist distributor in resolving any problem related to conducting business with any division of The Company Manufacturing.
• Maintain records to provide quick analysis of performance i.e. purchases, market share, co-op, promotional utilization, inventories, and classification of accounts.
• Keep distributors advised of any communication from the Company
• Provide thorough, conscientious, and timely reports covering monthly activity, calls, itinerary, travel expenses, auto expenses, and performance reviews.
• Carry out responsibilities within budget.
• DSM should provide market intelligence and feedback to all departments within the Company.
- Must live in the District in VA or NC
RequiredEducation & Experience:
• Bachelors degree PREFERRED or comparable experience
• At least 3+ years of successful experience in "Durable Goods SALES" working directly with Distributors
• Available for frequent overnight travel and a flexible schedule.
BASE PAY, BONUS, GENEROUS CAR PROGRAM, PROFIT SHARING, 401K MATCH, TOP NOTCH PRODUCTS
Email your resume in complete confidentiality!