H&E Equipment Services is one of the largest integrated equipment companies in the nation that provides the higher standard in equipment sales, rental, parts, and service. With locations across the United States, we pride ourselves on being an equipment company, run by equipment people. We leverage our national portfolio of equipment with a local approach to provide reliability, fair prices and the support of a first-class service team. Where others stop, we continue.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for developing and mentoring the existing rental sales team as well as properly training and developing new rental sales representatives. Responsibilities include establishing promising business relationships in an effort to win new business within the territory as well as provide exceptional service to our existing customers.
- Strategizes and executes sales goals within assigned district in an effort to gain market share and new clientele, and ensure continued support of existing clientele.
- Trains, develops, and mentors existing and new sales representatives within the assigned district in an effort to develop a team of highly trained and successful sales reps in the assigned district.
- Identifies new market opportunities and clientele for the assigned district. Leads and directs sales team with objectives and directives to pursue these markets in an effort to grow market share.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education coupled with experience is required.
- Seven (7) years' sales and territory management experience within the construction equipment rental industry is required.
- Proactive approach to gaining clientele is required.
- Must be knowledgeable in construction equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in MS office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Extensive travel required