Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 190 days ago
For a defined area (Geography, Markets, and Accounts) the District Sales Manager’s role is to grow the Grundfos business by defining, measuring, analyzing, improving, and controlling the activities within their area of primary responsibility. The DSM reports to a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and participates as an active member of their regional sales team.
A. Direct Accounts - The DSM is responsible for selling to existing and potential direct accounts. (OEM, Wholesalers, National Accounts, Etc.), following the Grundfos Selling Process.
B. Partner Accounts - The DSM will provide sales support to distribution partners to participate in closing an order or to facilitate and add value to the selling process. Additionally, they will lead the efforts to implement Grundfos defined programs.
C. Grundfos – Be the brand, live the brand and present the brand, by building relationships throughout the entire sales channel.
I. Territory Planning / Channel Development
A. Territory Planning
1. Continually Develop Knowledge – The DSM will continually develop knowledge of their geography, markets, applications and accounts including market specific drivers, key decision makers, competitors, and economic conditions.
2. Plan - The DSM will develop, maintain and execute a territory plan using the Grundfos Territory Planning Model (GTPM) to grow the business and increase Grundfos market share.
B. Territory Management / Channel Development
1. Channel Coverage - The DSM will continually assess current distribution channels, develop and evaluate their performance and manage conflict ensuring alignment with territory plans.
2. Mentoring / Training
a. Partner Training - The DSM will provide training on Grundfos products, applications, and sales processes. Ensuring that partners become self supportive and that they effectively represent the Grundfos brand to customers.
b. Channel Training – The DSM will provide / facilitate training and education to all levels of the sales channel (end users, specifying engineers, contractors, associations etc.)
1. Revenue Forecast – The DSM will develop, maintain, and execute a forecast.
2. Expense Forecast – The DSM will develop, maintain, and execute a forecast.
I. Reporting / Time Management:
A. CRM Notes of Activity
1. The DSM will maintain data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system relative to partners, accounts, and activities in their APR.
2. The DSM will document sales calls, partner visits, phone calls and other activities so as to maintain a written history of transactions in their APR.
B. Expense reporting – The DSM will manage expenses to an agreed upon level and provide reporting in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
C. Results reporting - The DSM will prepare a monthly report in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
D. Time Management – Effectively utilize Lotus Notes calendar on 30-day window. Consistently completing tasks on time.
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree technical discipline, engineering a preferred, business or marketing classes are a plus. A minimum of 3-5 years pump experience and or HVAC business experience with chillers, boilers, etc is required.