The District Sales Manager's role is to grow the Grundfos?business by defining, measuring, analyzing, improving, and controlling the activities within his/her defined geography and accounts. The DSM reports to a?Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and participates as an active member of their regional sales team. The territory for this position is Upper Midwest USA and presently includes Michigan, Illinois, Indiana Wisconsin, Missouri, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Arkansas and Indiana.
It is the defined responsibility of the DSM to work with the RSM and regional team to foster open dialogue, develop a team environment and culture, create a strong morale and spirit within the team; promoting the sharing of wins, successes and challenges.?
Principle Duties & Responsibilities include:
1. Selling: The DSM’s primary responsibility is supporting the Grundfos Business Partners who have front line responsibility for day to day sales and market activities with Grundfos end users. The DSM is also responsible for selling to existing and potential direct accounts in project sales situations. The DSM will participate with the Business Partner in a sales support role by making sales visits with the Business Partner and participating in local and regional trade shows so as to facilitate and add value to the selling process. Grundfos employees must be the brand, live the brand, and present the brand.
2. Territory Planning: The DSM must continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition for his/her defined geography and accounts. The DSM will develop, maintain, and execute a territory plan. The DSM will continually assess current Municipal / Water Utility distributionchannels, develop and evaluate their performance and manage conflict ensuring alignment with territory plans. The DSM will provide training on Grundfos products, applications, and sales processes, and will provide/facilitate training and education to all levels of the sales channel.?
3. Reporting & Time Management: The DSM will maintain data relative to partners, accounts, and activities, and will document customer interactions. The DSM will prepare reporting as needed.?
4. Education and Learning: The DSM will take part in continued Education and Training programs and seminars, offered through and by Grundfos, to obtain and advance product, market and technical knowledge.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional sales skills including key account strategies and plans.
- In-depth knowledge of the Municipal / Water Utility market segment and a general knowledge of the other Grundfos target markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pumps and pumping systems, rotating equipment including electronically controlled pump systems (VFD, controllers, etc.) used within the Municipal / Water Utility market.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective product presentations for all sizes of audiences for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as a good aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
Education & Experience Required?
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline. Business or marketing classes are a plus
3-5years pump experience.
Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record.?
Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time. Must possess a valid passport.