Des Moines, IA
Industry: Healthcare IT•
Less than 5 years
Posted 269 days ago
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
Atkore International is currently searching for a District Sales Manager for the territory of ND, SD, IA, NE, MO, KS.
The Mechanical Division primarily serves OEM customers that require high quality, durable and corrosion resistant tube solutions. The Mechanical Division is a strategic focus for Atkore International and is a growing, diverse business.
The District Sales Manager will report to the Regional Sales Manager and key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Achieve monthly and quarterly sales objectives including shipments, pricing and inventory targets
• Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their specific application
• Maintain and grow customer base in multiple states within sales territory
• Provide solutions to our customer base and leverage internal resources to meet customer goals
• Manage both an OEM and distribution channel
• Build accurate forecasts based on customer input, historical shipments and market conditions
• Target, cultivate and close new business opportunities
• Develop collaborative relationships with ATC pricing, demand planning, engineering teams to ensure we meet our customer demands
• Develop sales proposals for existing and potential customers
• Develop account business plans, monthly reports, etc.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies
Requirements Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business or engineering related major
• Minimum of 3 years of outside sales experience, preferably selling tangible products in the manufacturing industry
• Self-starter with proven results
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers using a consultative sales approach
• Proven track record of effective, cross functional team work
• Knowledge of steel and/or tubular products and/or a proven track record of original equipment manufacturer sales are a plus
• Comfortable selling value-added services
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Must be able to meet and exceed goals based upon specific metrics
• Ability & willingness to travel extensively
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore’s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become. Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer’s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that’s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.