The District Sales Manager (DSM) will work in conjunction with their manager and Customer Service Representative (CSR) to acquire new business as well as increase the thru-put of current business through the pro-active selling of food and non-food products in the specified territory while also building net margin.
- Build customer relationships and manage daily aspects of customer’s business through Dot
- Penetrate customers’ departments and management teams to build relationships and buy-in to Dot’s value
- Collaborate with brokers and direct sales representatives in market to build business for Dot and customers
- Daily problem solving to find supply chain solutions for assigned customers
- Work with various Dot internal departments to improve account/Dot transactions to improve efficiencies, reduce cost, and grow our overall business.
- Improve Dot’s net margin profitability on assigned customers
- Salesforce (CRM system) management
- Deduction management
- Applieslean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel – 6-8 nights per month, typically Tuesday–Thursday, into assigned territory. Must have the ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings.
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable Dot experience
- Two years’ sales experience
- Demonstrated aptitude in PC/laptop skills
- Effective professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and time management skills