Safety-Kleen is seeking a District Sales Manager to join the Safety-Kleen sales team.
Our most successful Sales Managers have experience selling high-quality products and value-added services prior to moving into a coaching and mentoring sales role. Ideal candidates excel in teaching others how to identify and close new opportunities, grow existing accounts, and create loyal customers through outstanding service. They understand the power of customer retention and growing revenue and profitability by offering new solutions and excellent customer service. They are comfortable leading others in high transaction roles. These individuals have a history of sales achievements; and the rewards and recognition which follow. They are driven by a competitive spirit and desire to have top earnings.
Safety-Kleen invests in you from day one, to ensure your success, by providing you with exemplary company paid training!
- Hire, train, lead and coach outside sales representatives with setting account strategies, creating sales plans, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, and assisting with key customer accounts, as needed.
- Create and manage sales territories.
- Leverage an understanding of the local business environment to support the development of sales and marketing plans in alignment with the Regional strategy.
- Manage the overall business portfolio to maximize territory revenues.
- Develop local sales support tools and customer campaigns.
- Work closely with Branch General Manager (BGM) to ensure sales plans are being executed.
- Work in conjunction with the BGM to create and deliver sales performance evaluations.
- Actively participate in the development, growth, and retention of the top branch accounts.
- Assist the BGM in conducting interviews and onboarding of newly hired sales professionals.
- Develop sales force skills by evaluating Sales Representatives’ strengths/weaknesses.
- Work with the BGM to develop and present sales training and topics for branch personnel.
- 7+ years of outside sales experience and 5+ years of directly managing a staff
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent additional experiencerequired
- Business acumen, including budgeting and forecasting skills
- Successful track record in account management and development
- Prior experience using CRM software tools to manage customers, territory, sales quotas and reporting
- Customer relationship management and negotiating skills
- Training and presentation skills
- Previous experience with interviewing, hiring, developing and managing employees
- Strong technical skills to include Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work through conflict management and settle disputes equitably
- Persuasive communicator with strong oral and written skills
- Motivation and team building skills
- Ability to set clear objectives and measurements
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Time management skills with strong ability to plan tasks and projects
- Ability to travel 60%+ incuding overnights and a valid driver’s license is required