DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
Our client is the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market. Their products include heavy-duty and medium-duty commercial vehicles for long-haul transport, local and regional distribution, construction and services; school buses; and chassis for delivery vans, recreational vehicles and shuttle buses. With their network of affiliate companies, they are also the leading provider of heavy-duty and medium-duty diesel engines, commercial vehicle axles and other components.
The District Sales Manager will report to the Vice President of Sales.
The District Sales Manager will be responsible for increasing sales of products throughout dealers by providing district management, technical sales guidance, development and execution of individual dealer business plans as well as the overall district business plan, dealer improvement initiatives, district product training, and overall support of the brand during national shows and training functions.
This individual will:
• Promote the sale of trucks throughout the dealership network by communicating and executing sales programs, policies and corporate objectives.
• Engage with customers, train dealer sales personnel and advance the brand within its target segments.
• Travel to visit dealerships approximately 40% of time; gather feedback, learn and communicate the voice of the customer within the company.
• Leverage product expertise, strategic vision and situational awareness to develop an advisory role within the dealership network.
LOCATION (AND/OR MILESTONES)
This assignment can be somewhat flexible and domiciled anywhere within the assigned region of the US.
A BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or a related discipline is required.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A minimum 6 years of experience in a truck related field with at least 2 years of group leader, supervisory or project lead experience.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written along with excellent presentation skills.
• A technical background would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated desire to succeed and ability to work within a team framework.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Derek Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.