JOB DESCRIPTION: The District Sales Manager is responsible to manage a group of dealers in a specified district and deliver the unit retail sales and market share growth by product line most specifically by articulating BRP’s Value Proposition and influencing dealership best practices in ways that contribute to dealer profitability and loyalty.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure that unit retail and market share targets are achieved.
- Manage dealer wholesale orders, inventory levels and minimum line representation
- Implement the available tools to monitor progress; dealer visit planning, dealer call reports, follow-up on issues and opportunities.
- Analyze dealer retail performance, identify areas for growth and areas of substandard performance to be addressed. Communicate expectations, engage dealers and follow-through using all available tools in a combination of focused calls and dealer visits
- Support dealers towards achieving the highest possible levels of Certification
- Understand the dealer’s key business drivers and develop a business plan to deliver wholesale & retail targets.
- Actively participate in the development of the dealers’ marketing & sales plan to optimize market opportunities.
- Demonstrate a business partner approach to support execution and long-term success.
- Ensure the quality of dealers' retail plans and their execution: demo usage, co-op participation, identification and evaluation of key events and marketing initiatives, dealer participation in events, etc.
- Promote PAC sales and other business opportunities as additional sources of revenues for BRP and the dealers in collaboration with PAC DSM counterpart.
- Develop dealer salespeople selling capability, product knowledge and enthusiasm through appropriate activities.
- Identify full market potential and develop dealer network to maximize sales potential and or increase profitability year after year
- Establish proper targets per dealer in district to maximize financial objectives. Prepare a district business plan (DAP) addressing the risks and opportunities of your market.
- Prioritize actions and optimize the dealer network in line with BRP positioning and identified market potential.
- Implement and execute dealer training
- Identify opportunities to improve dealer network coverage and performance to sustain growth potential
- Explore opportunities in district where BRP is not represented
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of three years of successful sales experience preferably within the Powersports industry
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of the retail environment
- Exhibit strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident and strategic decision maker