District Sales Manager
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
Join the fast-paced, high energy Genomics team in Agilent's Diagnostics and Genomics Group. The market for Agilent's Genomics products continues to enjoy significant growth through the invention, development and launch of high value products associated with technology platforms such as Next Generation Sequencing (SureSelect & Halo Target Enrichment Systems), microarrays, automation, sample QC instrumentation (Bioanalyzer and Tapestation), Quantitative PCR (Aria Mx), PCR (SureCycler), molecular/sythetic biology reagents and software analysis (Cartagenia and Cytogenomics)
As the Central US District Sales Manager you will report directly to the Americas Sales Director and be responsible for strategically managing and leading a team of account managers and product specialists. You will partner with our Marketing Solution Unit, Field Marketing organization and support/service organizations to develop long-term strategic business plans. You’ll be responsible for the creation of a Genomics operational plan and the implementation, execution and measurement of Genomics related business initiatives. This Sales team is one part of the DGG-Genomics and Diagnostics Americas sales organization responsible for the collaborative sales of key Genomics research products and applications to various for-profit and not-for- profit customers, including Academic, Government, Pharma, Biotech and Clinical Research.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manage Account Managers and Product Specialists who are responsible for closing consultative and transactional sales
- Conduct regular field travel with direct reports, providing sales process coaching and product training
- Develop, implement and manage strategic sales plans and specific programs in order to achieve business objectives and quota
- Be the field advocate for better addressing the business needs of the genomics channel, including support, services and product development areas
- Maintain Sales Funnel and monthly Order Forecasts
- Manage territory and sales quota assignments for sales team
- Manage employee engagement and satisfaction
- Manage customer relationships and satisfaction
- Direct and manage resources to implement operational and tactical business plans and programs.
- Work collaboratively with Field Sales Management, Americas Business Manager and Marketing teams to achieve company goals
- Develop, implement district-related programs/solutions
- Ensure employees have assigned MBO and development plans
- Ensure employees are adhering to the Agilent Technologies Standards of Business Conduct and the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Deliver routine and annual performance feedback to reports
- Participate in channel planning activities
- Involvement in all phases of the staffing process (creating requisitions, reviewing qualifications, conducting interviews and presenting offers)
Qualifications: - BS/MS Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or equivalent. Ph.D. or MBA preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Progressive management experience within a Sales/Marketing/Field Support organization or equivalent is desired; typically including 3-5 years practical experience.
- Track record of exceeding results in a Sales Management/leadership role is essential
- Hands-on results oriented experience in the creation and execution of successful business plans
- Must have demonstrated molecular biology and genomics domain expertise, previous hands-on lab experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in the creation and execution of successful business plans
- Demonstrated experience in establishing strategic customer relationships is a must
- Demonstration of the following skills: program management, change management, teambuilding and leadership
- Excellent communications skills
- Available for up to 50% travel within US
- Physical home office location in any of the central US States (preference is not located on the East or West coast).
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.