Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, the safety of our employees is our top priority. As the Safety Manager, you will develop and lead multiple district work group locations to reach their goals for accident/injury prevention. You’ll also continuously seek to improve safety processes and offer ongoing training on behavioral safety programs. We’ll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide leadership to help achieve district safety program goals; drive ownership of district safety goals through span of control
- Develop talent and coach team to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); encourage employee engagement, lead situational and competency awareness and drive safety performance improvement where needed
- Recognize top safety performers to ensure employee engagement across the company
- Aggressively search for opportunities to improve safety performance and provide clear and frequent communication to all employees on service center safety programs, safety performance and company policies and procedures for safety
- Train district management teams and driver trainers on company safety initiatives to ensure successful rollout and sustainment of programs
- Analyze inefficient and underperforming locations and employees to solve, implement and sustain world-class safety performance
- Investigate safety loss events and coach individuals in prevention methods; address and direct solutions associated with all safety programs
- Provide subject matter expertise in safety management and compliance
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 5 years of experience in transportation safety, accident/injury prevention programs, FMCSRs, DOT, Hazardous Materials and OSHA regulations
- A valid driver's license
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Availability to travel 50-75% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Transportation or Safety, or 4 years of equivalent work or military experience
- Behavior-based safety experience
- Emergency Management/ Response experience
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Experience creating a climate in which people want to do their best; ability to motivate and inspire personnel to support the company’s safety vision
- Experience presenting information to a variety of audiences, including peers, direct reports and executives, via one-on-one meetings and small/large group sessions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; collaborative and results-oriented with solid problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking skills with the ability to balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously