Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a District Manager to join our Motorsports Group in Southern California. This role is responsible for representing the company in a professional manner to the dealer network within a defined territory. This will include dealer relations pertaining to wholesale order programs, accessory sales, both consumer and dealer events, and most importantly dealer development. This role requires functioning as a business consultant to the dealers by helping them improve their overall business through increased sales, customer satisfaction and profitability.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a business consultant to the dealer: Assist them to meet market demand for Yamaha products, create strong business goals for dealer in priority trade areas and help them improve their overall business.
- Develop rapport with dealership staff. Develop strategies to improve dealer performance (sales, market share, shop share, customer satisfaction – sales and service, Yamaha extended service contracts).
- Educate dealers on utilization of sales programs to maximize unit sales and market potential. Encourage dealers use their co-op funds to increase Yamaha exposure in the local market area.
- Provide systematic and organized input to Regional Business Managers on market conditions, including creating regular district sales reports and documenting performance on dealer visits.
- Promote Yamaha products at required consumer events; including Dealer Shows, Regional Shows, and District Events.
- Create and implement an annual business plan based on market conditions, dealer programs and performance.
- Monitor dealer's facility, capital and management to assure compliance with company standards and agreements.
- Conduct periodic dealer meetings throughout the assigned territory and work at corporate, regional and dealer events as required by the Regional Business Manager.
- Complete all formal documentation for the set-up, relocation, cancellation and buyout of Yamaha Motorsports dealerships within the district.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Sales, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant industry experience in field operations pertaining to Powersports retail, Automotive retail, or Dynamic consumer products retail
- 2+ years prior management experience a huge plus
- Demonstrated success in improving business performance, i.e., retail sales, customer satisfaction levels
- Team player with excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to think and work independently out in the field
- Proven ability to improve and maintain high standards of service customer satisfaction
- Ability to read and understand business financial statements
- Proficient computer skills (Excel; Word; Powerpoint: MS Outlook)
- Extensive travel is required
- Demonstrated safe operational skills for Products MSF/On-Road Motorcycle endorsement, ROHVA/SVIA training or competency of use, Snowmobileexperience a +)
- Valid Motor Vehicle license with few or no current violations on record
- Knowledge and skills to effectively pull and load/unload trailers
- No physical limitations, must be able to lift/move boxes and equipment up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work multiple weekends per month
- Ability to relocate is required / Los Angeles or Orange county market area is recommended