The District Manager (DM) is responsible for the management of operations and profitability of a designated Service Center. The DM is responsible for operational efficiency at their location to ensure that budget targets are being met and that operations are being executed in a safe, efficient, and profitable manner. This includes working with Management to develop annual and long-term business plans that address financial forecasting of projected revenues and capital expenditures, as well as operational issues contingent on meeting the company’s mission, goals, and objectives. The DM is responsible for the P&L of his/her district office to ensure budget targets are being met, and that assets, inventory, personnel, and services are all managed accurately and efficiently.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide operational oversight of designated locations including financial planning, human resources, company asset management, collaboration with the sales group, and profitability of the service centers under his/her area of responsibility
· Establish the expectations and standards of quality for his/her locations with regard to customer service, operational readiness, and safety of operations
· Ensure all levels of company compliance are met for all Quality, Safety, Training, and Operational Objectives
· Provide corporate management with monthly forecasting of projected revenue and expenses
· Work with management to provide annual budget submittals and financial data analysis
· Conduct monthly and ongoing analysis of financial data to ensure sound financial management at his/her Service Center
· Work with management to develop an annual business plan for submittal for inclusion in the company’s overall business plan. Additionally provides long-term business growth and expansion forecasting
· Responsible for qualifying, hiring, placing, terminating, and supervising management staff and employees athis/her location (with management approval)
· Perform employee performance evaluations to be conducted on an annual or semi-annual basis
· In conjunction with other Service Centers, coordinate the use of company resources, both personnel and equipment, to achieve maximum efficiency, profitability, and utilization of Company resources
· Ensure implementation of operational budgets are in accordance with established spending guidelines
· In conjunction with other Service Centers, sustain ongoing monitoring of fixed asset availability and determine need for additional purchases and submittal of capital expenditures (with management approval) to assure adequate operational capability is maintained at all times
· In conjunction with Sales and Management, support development of new product lines, departments and services
· Support sales and marketing strategies, including direct support when necessary
· Report sales, financial, and operational issues to the GM on an on-going basis
· Maintain a high state of integrity and professionalism in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position
· Support all other special assignments as directed by the GM
Education: Engineering, Technical, or Business-related college degree or equivalent professional experience
Experience: Minimum 5 years of operations and sales or service center experience in the petrochemical or industrial safety equipment industry, including prior experience in a management position
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: A proven track record in operations in an upstream service environment, including turnaround projects.
A strategic thinker who can use their analytic, organization, and observation skills to quickly understand concepts and/or needs and then effectively develop, execute, and manage programs and solutions.
A dedicated and motivating leader of people and processes, and is capable of successfully managing multipletasks and meeting deadlines under pressure.
Understand the importance of providing outstanding levels of customer service and is willing to assist and provide support to the sales team when/where needed.
Understands financial data and reporting, and is capable of learning Total Safety’s accounting and asset management system (Rental Man). Financial Accounting knowledge and experience. Strong computer skills required(Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Regular travel is required.
Interpersonal Communications: Excellent at communicating with all levels of the internal/external organization including employees, customers, and Total Safety management. Maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
The District Manager is expected to make regular visits to customer facilities, IPSCs, and turnaround projects. Additionally, he/she is expected to make business meetings in Houston and other corporate-designated locations, and attend trade shows and exhibitions when requested. Is expected to work from the road when travelling.