The Talbots District Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities within multiple store markets to support Talbots’ business objectives. The District Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring the highest level of sales and customer service throughout the stores. As a role model, the District Manager must solve problems, make informed decisions, set clear goals, and provide ongoing learning opportunities and communication in order to achieve maximum results.
- Responsible for achieving overall district sales targets and individual store targets.
- Recognize and act upon strategic opportunities to increase market share.
- Direct the development and execution of effective seasonal internal marketing strategies.
- Help solve problems that affect the stores service, efficiency, and productivity.
- Coordinate new store openings and/ or closing of existing locations.
- Communicate Company vision and guidelines.
- Ensure that the planning and execution of Talbots brand visual direction is completed in the district.
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and the competition.
- Train and coach the management staff in the execution of daily tasks, brand promotions and visual direction to maximize sales.
- Oversee compliance of Store Managers with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, sales and record-keeping procedures, and overall maintenance of the stores.
- Ensure that the management team meets appearance standards that professionally represent the brand.
- Ability to network, recruit, develop, and motivate a top sales workforce and store leadership.
- Provides continual learning opportunities, coaching, and feedback to strengthen individual and team performance.
- Prepare and direct meetings with management teams.
- Ability to objectively and effectively assess management skills and move talent based on changing store needs.
- Follows up with management to make sure performance appraisals and salary reviews are conducted in a timely manner and in accordance with management policy.
- Consistently address and manage performance counseling issues. Propose and carry out disciplinary action, when required.
Sales and Service:
- Model sales and service excellence.
- Lead store teams to achieve high standards of selling and customer service.
- Use company resources and personal leadership to facilitate and sustain strong selling environment that holds associates accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Build strong relationships with customers that produce positive sales results.
- Ensure and evaluate appropriate staffing levels to maximize service and business opportunities within payroll guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5years of management or multi-store experience is required. Specialty retailing experiencepreferred.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards in stores or district.
- Requires excellent communication skills, strong leadership abilities, and a high level of integrity and enthusiasm to motivate store management and associates.
- Must be outgoing and assertive with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Must possess excellent organizational, computational, and time management skills.
- Flexible approach in problem recognition and effective solution implementation.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Ability to relocate is desirable.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, communication and business acumen with the drive to achieve sales results.
- Analyze factors contributing to the business and strategically act upon opportunities to achieve short and long term goals.
- Possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Communicate goals and priorities to support business and re-direct activities as necessary.
- Be self-motivated with high energy, commitment and attention to detail.