JOB SUMMARY: The District Manager has responsibility to lead, direct, and motivate all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales associates within the District to achieve the highest safety standards, top line growth, EBITDA performance and operational excellence. The DM is responsible to execute on plans and strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. The DM has full P&L responsibility for their branches/territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment at all Airgas facilities. Ensure that all branch personnel are walking the talk with regard to safety.
- Manage the sales force for organic top line growth. The DM may have direct responsibility for key customer accounts.
- Manage branch assets to ensure Airgas will be the fastest to market.
- Responsible for execution of Core Strategy I and II activities in the branches and throughout the District.
- Ensure branch planners are in place at all branches and take responsibility for execution.
- Maintain the stocks of gases and HGs at all locations to ensure high fulfillment.
- Ensure that branch associates and field sales associates are adequately trained and focus on the details of our customers’ needs and requirements. Focus on increased accuracy and SAP proficiency.
- Optimize profit margins through execution of plans and strategies communicated from Regional and Area. Maintain operation expenses in line with Gross Profit goals, customer service, and growth plans.
- Execute on plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.
- Provide support for the transition of sweet spot customers to the Total Access program as well as target customers for any new TA initiatives that are developed.
- Ensure effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication throughout the District.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Three to five years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment, a Branch or Plant leadership role, or comparable experience within the distribution industry.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Team player; strong collaboration skills; ability to influence.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently.
- Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds within Airgas and outside the Company.