The District Manager will work with senior leadership to ensure that company objectives are met, and will provide stellar guidance and leadership to all those within their sphere of influence, and consistently adhere to and perpetuate the mission and vision of the company.
Some of the duties of the District Manager include: leading a team of people (both non-exempt and exempt level staff), developing strong relationships with our clients, assisting the supervisor in the operations of the division/department and acting as a back up to this position as needed.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other requirements may be assigned.
* Supervises community management staff that support the operations of a portfolio of accounts, which includes a diverse mix of single-family homes, condominiums, and master planned communities. Interacts with developer clients during the phasing and turnover of projects to ensure proper annexation, account set-up, account management, client (developer) communication, and other duties related to the transitioning of a new building or community.
* Assists with contract renewals within portfolio of responsibility.
* In conjunction with supervisor, strategizes account assignments within area of responsibility.
* Manages at minimum one significant association account, if determined appropriate by supervisor.
* Attends Board of Directors meetings with those supervised, as needed.
* Manages the performance and performs a detailed review of each person supervised.
* Performs a review of each community board packet and financial report in his/her area of responsibility prior to distribution to the Board.
* Performs a detailed review of all correspondence being generated to entire membership of an account prior to those communications being mailed.
* Conducts semi-annual audit of portfolios and minute books of those supervised in accordance with PTC procedures.
* Oversees and becomes involved in any potential or actual litigation with any association within his/her portfolio of responsibility.
* Reviews and approves payroll for area of responsibility and timely submits topayroll department.
* Tracks all lawsuits as assigned or in his/her portfolio of responsibility according to company policy and procedure and oversees those lawsuits when FirstService Residential is named, whether account is a current client or not.
* Coordinates with other associates the set-up of new associations, transitions of existing associations, termination of existing association within area of responsibility.
* Has the ability to interview, select, train, manage and discipline staff members and make recommendations for disciplinary action and termination.
* Will provide advice and recommendations to subordinates in matters relating to complaints and disputes brought about by internal and external customers.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports sales and marketing efforts to gain new business including supporting and/or delivering sales presentations to potential clients.
* Support the Sales Goals for the region.
* Demonstrates awareness of variables which could affect contract stability. This individual is a leader in developing a proactive strategy to alleviate loss of contract or damage to the company's reputation.
* Demonstrates awareness of variables which could affect employee retention and/or morale. This individual is a leader in developing a strategy for retaining outstanding associates and presenting a strategy for recruiting good talent to the supervisor.
* Demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Exhibits excellent and proven verbal presentation and written communication skills.
* A minimum of three years successful supervisory experience.
* Proven leadership skills.
* Proven ability to work well under pressure and deadlines and be able tomulti-task.
* Demonstrates ability to train and educate staff.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word and Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Possesses a minimum of a 4-year degree and has a minimum of five yearsof experience in property management and/or facility maintenance or closelyrelated field. Has a minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Driver's License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance. Possesses and maintains certification from CACM or CAI in the field of property management.