We are currently seeking a District Manager to supervise the day-to-day operations and productivity of the Houston district office. We need someone to oversee all office services, operations, and personnel. And to develop short- and long-term strategies for hiring, developing, training, and retaining employees. You will comply with all company operating procedures and policies while maintaining a high level of customer/client satisfaction and work to develop new and repeat business. You should be able to acknowledge client concerns and respond quickly to resolve problems. You will also have the task of developing departmental budgets, business plans, and reports. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
- Responsible for the financial performance and success of the local district office.
- Oversees daily operations of the office and manages employees/contractors within that office.
- Assists in the hiring of new staff. Trains inexperienced staff on how the company operates.
- Leads by example and establishes a positive, professional work environment.
- Conducts annual written performance reviews on all subordinates. Also coaches, disciplines, and terminates employees as needed. Interacts with division managers to support staff development and provide feedback on employee performance.
- Completes assignments in District Manager’s own field of professional expertise.
- Reviews and ensures that Reports of Findings prepared by staff members meet a minimum standard of accuracy/professionalism and are properly signed and sealed.
- Assists in marketing activities to promote the office and build relationships with current and future clients.
- Develops an annual business plan for the continued growth and profitability of the office.
- Prepares and reviews budgets and financial statements. Adjusts staff size and other operating expenses as necessary to ensure profitability.
- Reviews all pro forma draft invoices before submission as final invoices.
- Resolves issues that are presented by our clients in a quick and satisfactory manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or B.A. degreerequired.
- Engineering degree/P.E. license may be required.
- Min. of 10 years’ professional experience.
- Past supervisory/management exp. desired.
- Professionalism and ability to handle details of a confidential nature.
- Strong critical-thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Superior verbal/written communication skills.