We are currently seeking a District Manager (Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Architect) to supervise the day-to-day operations and productivity of the Baltimore district office. Previous experience holding a similar role considered to be a substantial advantage. We need someone to oversee all office services, operations, and personnel. And to develop short- and long-term strategies for hiring, developing, training, and retaining employees. You will comply with all company operating procedures and policies while maintaining a high level of customer/client satisfaction and work to develop new and repeat business. You should be able to acknowledge client concerns and respond quickly to resolve problems. You will also have the task of developing departmental budgets, business plans, and reports. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement
The qualified candidate will work under minimal supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks and will also maintain a personal practice assisting clients with the analysis of mechanical or civil failures. Expectations include: Financial performance and success of the local district office, assists in the hiring of new staff and training inexperienced staff on how the company operates. Lead by example and establishes a positive, professional work environment. Conduct annual written performance reviews on all subordinates. Also coach, discipline, and terminate employees as needed. Interacts with division managers to support staff development and provide feedback on employee performance. Complete assignments in District Manager’s own field of professional expertise. Reviews and ensures that Reports of Findings prepared by staff members meet a minimum standard of accuracy/professionalism and are properly signed and sealed. Assists in marketing activities to promote the office and build relationships with clients. Develops an annual business plan for the continued growth and profitability of the office. Prepares and reviews budgets and financial statements. Adjusts staff size and other operating expenses as necessary to ensure profitability. Reviews all pro forma draft invoices before submission as final invoices. Resolves issues that are presented by our clients in a quick and satisfactory manner. Performs other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate would have management experience working at a forensic firm.
- B.S. or B.A. degreerequired.
- Engineering degree/P.E. license required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in required.
- Experienced in supervisory/management is necessary.
- Must possess the professionalism and ability to handle details of a confidential nature, be strong critical-thinking and have strong interpersonal skills, superior verbal/written communication skills.
- While performing this job, employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, bend, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and drive a motor vehicle to client sites or job sites. Employee may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Clear vision and depth perception are also necessary.