District Manager (Linear Motion Sales Engineer)
The District Manager's main purpose is to maximize revenue and profitability at existing accounts and develop new accounts in both existing and new markets. The DM is also responsible for carrying out Corporate, office, and individual goals. This position will be based out of the company's Dallas, TX satellite office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed monthly sales and received targets.
- Develop strategies for future growth in territory.
- Maintain strong customer business relationships and develop new ones through face-to-face sales visits to customers.
- Communication withSales Administration Representative (Inside Sales) regarding customer activities.
- Monitor open order report and work with customers and SAR to ensure timely delivery.
- Develop strategies for penetrating new accounts.
- Participate in company-related trade shows.
- Participate in ongoing product knowledge training and quarterly regional sales meetings.
- Joint calls withengineering staff at least once per quarter with focus on generating new projects.
- Make recommendations to Regional Management for new markets and suggest new products.
- Manage and oversee the RMA process, ensure that RMA process is handled correctly and in a timely fashion, facilitate this process to keep it moving, follow the process to ensure resolution.
- Develop strong business relationships to maximize sales growth.
- Prospect, identify and secure new business.
- Evaluate customer applications and define customer needs.
- Communicate daily with inside customer service and management.
- Work closelywith inside engineering team to provide customers with specific technical information.
- Use electronic system to communicate sales call, pre-call plans, post-call and planned project status and manage the RMA process.Submit Sales Activity Management (SAM) Reports in Lotus Notes in a timely fashion: Call Plan, Call Reports, New Project Reports ('STEP Plans')
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduatedegree in Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in technical salesexperience (preferably in linear motion)
- Knowledge of linear motion and mechanicalengineering principles
- Product knowledge in linear bearings, ball screws, linear activators, rotary bearings, ball splines, and the like
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Expert oral, written, and presentation skills
- Expert planning, organizing, and time management skills
- Ability to read and understand technical documents as they relate to the product
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Minimum average experiencewith Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes
Job Type: Full-time
- Linear Motion Systems: 3years
- Sales Engineering: 3years
Required license or certification:
- Valid Driver's License