J. C. Penney Company, Inc., one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, is on a mission to ensure every shopping experience is worth the customer's time, money and effort. Whether shopping jcp.com or visiting one of over 1,000 store locations across the United States and Puerto Rico, customers will discover a broad assortment of products from a leading portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Supporting this value proposition is the warrior spirit of over 100,000 JCPenney associates worldwide, who are focused on the Company's three strategic priorities of strengthening private brands, becoming a world-class omnichannel retailer and increasing revenue per customer.
Proven multi-unit leader who drives results through an engaged and effective team of General Managers. Ensures that each General Manager is equipped to deliver sales, profit and exceptional customer service.
· Business Performance - Review targeted reports and store processes to identify sales and profit benchmarking opportunities across the district & within the region. Understand the competitive landscape by observing and studying other companies to learn about current initiatives/strategies.
· Coaching/Team Development - Assesses General Managers and leadership team to determine talent opportunities and impact on store performance; proactively identifies talent opportunities across the district leadership teams and plans for vacancies in advance. Partners with General Managers to discuss how better to lead and engage their teams towards extraordinary performance.
· Team Leadership - Infuses passion for the business and communicates a compelling vision to excite the team; shapes the culture of the stores by modeling core values and leadership capabilities across store teams. Sets clear expectations and drives accountability by taking immediate action on performance issues within the team.
· Brand Execution- Reviews and evaluates the execution of store environment standards and the customer experience. Encourages team to engage and support their local community through store or company initiative.
· Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards, including but not limited to product and service sales, customer services, profit and productivity.
Skills & Experience
· Work Experience – 3 - 5 years experience in a multi unit role, ideally in a big-box retailer.
· Education – Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
· Decisiveness Makes decisions in a confident, firm and timely manner.
· Organization/Time Management Plans and structures work; priorities are based on impact to sales, profit or customer experience.
· Strategic Vision – Identifies strategies and objectives; provides clear expectations and shares rationale behind decisions.
· Develops Talent – Builds a diverse and high performing team; provides feedback and stretch assignments to foster growth; empowers the team to make critical decisions; rewards and recognizes efforts and frequently discusses future opportunities and development plans.
· Practices Candor – An approachable and unguarded leader that shares honest and constructive feedback with team; sincere with communication. District