THE DISTRICT MANAGER
You've Got To....
- Love us - everything about us: the clothes, accessories, shoes, partnerships, styling, stores, and above all, our customers.
- Be all over what’s happening in the industry and have a great fashion esthetic.
- Have a proven track record of driving top line sales growth, optimizing expenses and improving bottom line performance through strong store teams.
- Know the ins and outs of running a business (P&L management, sales forecasting, team development, staffing, expense control… you get it).
- Communicate clearly, mode-appropriately and with purpose – either face to face or long distance.
- Be highly organized and a multi-tasker who handles change seamlessly and get everyone on board quickly.
- Look under rocks, be curious, ask questions and use your smarts to think boldly and do the right thing.
- Be cool and comfortable in hair-raising situations – no judgments, defensiveness or ego.
We'll Expect You To...
- Align expectations and activities to support a seamless, channel agnostic, experience that resonates with customers.
- Maintain a high level of customer engagement across the district through personal interactions with managers and associates.
- Ensure work aligns with our Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Initiatives and that everyone on the team understands their role in making this happen.
- Hold teams accountable to delivering results: sales growth, productivity, talent development, community outreach, new product launches and training.
- Share feedback, insights and ideas to promote critical thinking and encourage teams stop hesitation, worrying or overthinking in lieu of putting things out there and learning as you go.
- Build productive, collaborative partnerships and encourage diverse points of view.
- Plan and facilitate productive store visits reviewing: KPI performance, people development, visual merchandising, operations and key business initiatives.
- Communicate business needs for the district and company to drive topline sales growth and loyalty.
- Maintain a robust network of talent to fill skill gaps and potential open positions and focus on developing future leaders.
Oh and by the way, you...
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combo of work and experience.
- Have managed teams with at least 3+ years of multi-locationexperience.
- Are available when we ‘re busy, including: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Can bend, reach, stretch as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds |18 kilos.
- Can regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.