The District Manager is responsible for providing the overall vision, planning, direction, and control to assigned units for a geographic district normally generating $12-30M+ in revenue. This key leadership role is accountable for the execution of our General Management program, with a focus on growth, cost, and productivity, leading people, and delivering financial commitments.
Whether focused on multiple sites for a single client or multiple clients, the key success measures of a District Manager include Revenue Growth, EBIT, Margin, Consumer Satisfaction, Client Loyalty, and Employee Engagement.
In this role, frequent travel to client sites throughout the district is expected. Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate demonstrates capability across the following dimensions:
- Leadership - Establish overall ownership and accountability of operational management and financial performance of multiple accounts and units. Model key leadership behaviors and ensure the highest levels of safety, quality and service excellence for employees, clients, and consumers. Coach & mentor employees by crafting a shared understanding about how and what needs to be achieved. Reward and recognize employees. Identify and engage top talent and develop team members to their fullest potential within the organization. Plan and lead team management meetings. Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations.
- Client Relationship - Establish and maintain effective client and customer rapport for a mutually beneficial business relationship. Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Understand contractual obligations and leverage opportunities. Facilitate and support new business and retention activities. Ensure team completes customer satisfaction surveys in all locations.
- Financial Performance - Build revenue and manage budget with sensitivity to costs and client needs. Ensure the completion and maintenance of P&L statements for the district. Provide oversight and take ownership to deliver client and company financial targets using Aramark systems. Understand performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends; educate teams on key levers to improve margins.
- Productivity - Lead managers in implementing and maintaining corporate management agenda for labor and financial initiatives. Ensure value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management. Ensure consistent application of Aramark's operating standards and processes (Operational Excellence) with particular focus on efficiency standards. Understand end to end supply chain and procurement process and systems; ensure only authorized suppliers are used.
- Compliance - Ensure unit managers maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers and employees. Follow all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, and wage and hour.
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.Qualifications
In order to be prepared for this leadership role, qualified candidates will possess:
EducationAbout AramarkOur Mission
- Proven leadership experience, typically acquired over 5-10 years, including P&L responsibility within the hospitality, retail, facilities, direct store delivery or food and beverage industries.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a broad knowledge of management practices, business judgement and client/consumer interaction.
- Confirmed ability to hire, assess, develop and grow hard-working talent.
- Comfortable reading, understanding, and implementing contractual requirements, including identifying opportunities within contract terms and conditions to address operational issues.
- Established communication and teamwork skills to work with all levels on the organization from the front line associate through leadership.
- Proven success in a repeatable business model, including leading through change and turnaround initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree is generally required to be successful; advanced degree in business or related field is preferred.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. About Aramark
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at or connect with us on , and .