This role can be based in the Midwest or Southeast corridor.
The District Manager is responsible for achieving sales and product mix objectives. These objectives will be achieved through the incumbents’ ability to acquire, develop, deploy, lead and direct appropriate human and other resources. Specific areas of responsibility include Talent Management, Strategic Planning, Collaboration/Communication with Sales and Sales Support Resources, and Leading and Directing a team of Territory based Sales Team Members. The incumbent will also be responsible for efficiently fulfilling various reporting and administrative tasks. The District Manager serves as a key member of the management team, collaborating with other members of management to provide an innovative and focused strategic direction.
- Recruit and hire “best in class” new, field based Territory based Sales Team Members.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to ensure every Territory based Sales Team Members success.
- Provide accurate and meaningful performance feedback to all Reps in a timely manner; identify performance issues and work to address them with a high degree of urgency.
- Manage each Territory based Sales Team Members professional development and sales success through field-based coaching, formal and informal mentoring, and/or additional training, as needed.
- Ensure the retention of top quality talent through career development/coaching.
- Develop and coach Territory based Sales Team Members on consultative selling skills.
- Develop and carry out a strategic District sales plan that contributes to the Region’s sales success and growth.
- Analyze District sales reports, Territory based Sales Team Members pipeline, and competitive activity to forecast and drive territory growth; develop appropriate strategies to leverage opportunities and minimize threat impact.
- Drive Territory based Sales Team Members territory planning through the strategic use of territory planning tools, including the sales force automation/CRM system.
Collaboration and Communication
- Work with internal resources (Marketing, HR, Finance, Service, Product Management, SST management, etc.) to gain their assistance and cooperation in the achievement of District sales objectives.
- Communicate regularly with internal constituents and stakeholders to ensure complete information flow concerning opportunities, threats etc.; serve as the point person for gathering market and competitive intelligence.
Leadership and Direction
- Communicate Company and Sales Vision to team, ensuring understanding and commitment.
- Communicate District and individual sales goals; Drive to exceed assigned sales target for the District by working with Territory based Sales Team Members to help them exceed their individual sales and product mix objectives.
- Provide enterprise wide account leadership within assigned District.
Administration and Reporting
- Manage District expense budgets including sampling and overall cost center, monitor expenditures by team members and work with them to ensure budgetary compliance.
- Conduct weekly deal qualification and forecast call with the Territory based Sales team and provide an accurate District forecast to Sales Leadership.
- Complete all required reports in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Sales, Marketing, or Management.
- Drive to succeed.
- Experience leading managers or product development in either publishing or related information delivery industry.
- A proven track record in sales, sales management and leadership.
- Strong business acumen and excellent team-building skills needed.
- Excellent leadership and people skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills and desire for continuous learning and improvement required.
- Excellent PC proficiency, ability to train others in proper program utilization.
- Demonstrate ability and quantify success in managing corporate initiatives.