The Area Manager position is responsible for managing an area of 8 to 10 Territory Managers.This position will also oversee all aspects of managing an area including sales accountability, promotional compliance, ensuring all Territory Managers are addressed regarding training, development, disciplinary issues; interviewing and hiring prospective sales representatives, managing region profit and loss and developing and maintaining key customer relationships to ensure the overall success of the therapeutic products.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- 2 plus years pharmaceutical or healthcare industry sales management experience with a proven track record of successful sales performance
- Ability to develop key strategies and execute them
- Strong organizational, analytical and business planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel about 40% of the time.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Preferred Skills/ Qualifications
- Experience working with finances and budgets
- A high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with many diverse customers
- Excellent presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences
- Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver’s license