ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Models servant leadership and serves as “everyday” coach and teacher.
- Model and coach leadership that exemplifies the company’s work ethic, high level of integrity, and commitment to customer service and team member engagement.
- Leads team members to execute quality, differentiated customer service and achievement of daily operational business objectives and strategic goals.
- Communicates and gauges team member understanding of company goals, objectives, policies and procedures. Sets goals and objectives, delivers meaningful feedback and develops all direct reports.
- Cultivates a level of excitement and engagement in the district.
- Develops organizational capability, assesses progress and development of leadership teams, develops team members, ensures execution of training programs, as well as advises and counsels supervisors on personnel issues.
- Networks, recruits, hires, develops, motivates and retains high quality leadership teams and store team members to meet and exceed sales and profit goals.
- Trains, develops, mentors, coaches, and provides ongoing feedback on product knowledge, merchandising, and customer service.
- Drives sales growth and profitability.
- Increases sales and profits while controlling expenses.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports actual performance compared to budget so that business can quickly adapt and grow.
- Forecasts store sales, expense management and operating profits.
- Reviews key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement so store leadership teams can take action and achieve operational goals.
- Assists in the annual budget process by location and department.
- Participates in meetings to review budgets, financial statements, goals and other activities.
- Builds operational excellence.
- Communicates with team members to execute operational and merchandising objectives.
- Manages controllable expenses and minimizes risks by conducting store evaluations of backroom inventory, in-stock conditions, front-end operations, shrink management, and safety procedures.
- Calls on stores to motivate, provide feedback and identify areas of opportunity and achievement within the store.
- Delivers timely, action-oriented communication to ensure compliance with and execution of the Company’s business strategy and high standards as well as maintain awareness of the issues, concerns, and opportunities in each of the stores.
- Creates and maintains the in-store customer experience.
- Serves as champion and model of team member engagement and differentiated customer service.
- Delivers on Great People Who Care by promoting excellent customer service, coaching and follow-up with store leadership teams.
- Implements merchandising standards, directives, promotions, and overall cleanliness and organization of the sales floor and stockroom in each store.
- Maintains awareness of and reacts to merchandise trends, issues and opportunities in each store.
- Fosters an ongoing relationship with the community.
- Develops an understanding of the customer base in the local neighborhood.
- Proactively supports offering services and products exceeding the expectations of customers.
- Represents the diversity of the community by hiring from the immediate neighborhood.
- Maintains positive public relations within the community by supporting local community events and projects.
- Represents the company in community activities.
- Serves as advisor for programs and projects related to district.
- Reviews and critiques district and support center events, programs and promotions.
- Works with the business development team at the support center and district levels in providing analysis and presentation of opportunities for marketing, merchandising, promotional decisions, remodel and new store process and other related activities.
- Provides advisory support to team members in Human Resources, Training and other areas.
- Directs new store openings, remodels and small projects. Partners with Facilities to serve as a project manager to ensure operational business objectives are met.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships and communication with support center, store team members, leadership, executive leadership and community organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline preferred with five (5) years of successful retail management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Strong knowledge of store-level management operations.
· Experience analyzing financialreports.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Applications/Windows environment at an intermediate level.
· Fundamental skills and operational knowledge in grocery, non-foods, food service and perishable departments.
· Strong leadership ability to achieve district and company goals.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, influence, and persuasion skills.
· Demonstrated strong analytical and problem resolution skills for making sound business decisions.
· Ability to maintain effective communication and working relationships with all levels of the organization and business contacts.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule as business needs dictate.
· Ability to travel 50%-80% of time.