Jack Link’s Protein Snacks began with treasured family recipes passed from generation to generation, transforming a small North Woods business into one of the fastest-growing meat snack manufacturers in the world. Over the years, as consumer demand for convenient, high-quality snack foods increased, so has the company’s product offerings. Today Jack Link’s is the fastest-growing meat snack manufacturer in the world, and sells more than 100 different meat snack products in more than 40 countries. The Link family principles and traditions remain the same: hard work, integrity and a commitment to earn consumer respect by delivering the best-tasting meat snacks in the world.
The primary purpose of this job is to manage all activities for the assigned district to include managing retailer and wholesaler business as well as the broker network in an effort to maximize sales and profits of Jack Link Beef Jerky products within the Convenience Store Channel. Territory will include: MS, AL, LA, and a portion of TN & AR.
- Establish, develop and own business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment
- Possess mindset of General Manager
- Engage regularly with direct, in-person sales calls and make presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Create and manage a customer sales plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities
- Keep current with products, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends
- Deliver sales goals and gross profit goals within the assigned territory
- At least 5 years of salesexperience with consumer products
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Valid driver’s license/Insurable driving record.
- Extensive travelrequired. 3-5 days is the current average. Some weekends.
- Proficiency in utilizing Nielsen Consumer Purchase Data in customer presentations to further develop business
- Experience working with brokers and distributors
- Knowledge of the sales district/market and familiarity with direct and indirect customers
- Location: Baton Rogue, LA or Montgomery, AL
- Bachelor’s degree