Position Summary: Reporting to a Regional Vice President, the District Manager is responsible for the overall planning, direction and control of accounts and sites within a district, typically 10 to 20 locations and $15 to $60M in managed volume. This key leadership role is accountable for execution of our General Management program, with a focus on growth, cost and productivity, leading people and delivering financial commitments. Key success measures include Revenue Growth, EBIT, Margin, Consumer Satisfaction, Client Loyalty and Employee Engagement.
- Leadership - Overall ownership and accountability of operational management and financial performance of multiple accounts and units. Model key leadership behaviors and ensure the highest levels of safety, quality and service excellence for employees, clients, and consumers. Coach employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how it is to be achieved. Reward and recognize employees. Identify and engage top talent and develop team members to their fullest potential within the organization. Plan and lead team management meetings. Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations.
- Client Relationship - Establish and maintain effective client and customer rapport for a mutually beneficial business relationship. Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Facilitate and support new business and retention activities. Ensure unit managers execute customer satisfaction surveys in all locations.
- Financial Performance - Build revenue and manage budget which includes cost controls with regard to food, beverage and labor. Ensure the completion and maintenance of P&L statements for the district. Oversight and responsibility to deliver client and company financial targets. Ensure adoption of all Aramark processes and systems, eliminate custom/manual reports. Understand performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends; educate teams on key levers to improve margins.
- Productivity – Lead managers in implementing and maintaining corporate management agenda for both labor and food initiatives. Ensure value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management. Ensure consistent application of Aramark’s operating standards and processes (Operational Excellence) with particular focus on efficiencies in food and labor productivity standards. Understand end to end supply chain and procurement process and systems; ensure only authorized suppliers are used.
- Compliance – Ensure unit managers maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers and employees. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, and wage and hour.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and succession planning of overall district.
- Maintain relationships with the community where we serve, including professional and civic activities and public appearances.
- Collaborate in sales, rebid, and retention initiatives.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Identify opportunities to implement new and innovative products and services which support business development and client retention.
- Manage the contract administration process including amendments and extensions.
- Assist Labor Relations in negotiations of union contracts, including responsibility for the operational and financial implications of union contracts.
- Proven leadership experience including P&L responsibility within the hospitality, retail, facilities, direct store delivery or food and beverage industries.
- 5-10 years of leadership experience
- Proven success in a repeatable business model, including change management and turnaround initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a broad knowledge of management practices, business judgement and client/consumer interaction.
- Proven ability to hire, assess, develop and grow high performing talent.
- Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills to work with all levels on the organization from the front line associate through leadership.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, advanced degree in business or related discipline preferred.