As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
The District Manager has responsibility to lead, direct, and motivate all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales associates within the District to achieve the highest safety standards, top line growth, EBITDA performance and operational excellence. The DM is responsible to execute on plans and strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. The DM has full P&L responsibility for their branches/territory.
Territory: 4 branch locations in Los Angeles, City of Industry, Santa Fe Springs, CA
Customer Base: Primarily Metal Fabrication and Construction
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment at all Airgas facilities. Ensure that all branch personnel are walking the talk with regard to safety.
- Manage the sales force for organic top line growth. The DM may have direct responsibility for key customer accounts.
- Manage branch assets to ensure Airgas will be the fastest to market.
- Responsible for execution of Core Strategy I and II activities in the branches and throughout the District.
- Ensure branch planners are in place at all branches and take responsibility for execution.
- Maintain the stocks of gases and HGs at all locations to ensure high fulfillment.
- Ensure that branch associates (4 Locations) and field sales associates (5 Account Managers) are adequately trained and focus on the details of our customers’ needs and requirements. Focus on increased accuracy and SAP proficiency.
- Optimize profit margins through execution of plans and strategies communicated from Regional and Area. Maintain operation expenses in line with Gross Profit goals, customer service, and growth plans.
- Execute on plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.
- Provide support for the transition of sweet spot customers to the Total Access program as well as target customers for any new TA initiatives that are developed.
- Ensure effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication throughout the District.
- All employees are expected to perform any reasonable work request that falls within the qualifications but not specifically described.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Three to five years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment, a Branch or Plant leadership role, or comparable experience within the distribution industry.
- Proficient working with personal computer applications such as SAP, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint & Word) and Google G Suite.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Team player; strong collaboration skills; ability to influence.
- Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds within Airgas and outside of the Company.