The primary purpose of the Manager, District is to direct sales and marketing operations for branches, salesmen, customer service order desks and assigned territory by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Responsible for ensuring quality customer service to all customers within the district. Branch Managers, Customer Service Managers and Salesmen report directly to the Manager, District.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist and support DMs and Branches to comply with Safety Management Systems, in conjunction with the Regional Safety Department. Support the Branches on the execution of the Accident and Injury Reduction Plans consistent with Airgas Safety Council and Safecor guidelines.
- Trains store managers; responsible for compliance of employees with established security, sales and recordkeeping procedures and practices.
- Efficiently and effectively handles internal and external customer complaints in a professional, courteous and timely manner by providing quality customer service.
- Coordinates with administration and operations in accordance with company policies, principles and procedures.
- Oversees employee training in areas including product knowledge; company policies, processes, and safety procedures.
- Formulates pricing policies with Branch Managers according to requirements for profitability of store operations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of enhancements and/or changes to SAP systems, SOPs, and Safety procedures or policies.
- Support effective teamwork, communication and collaboration between the branch associates, field sales teams, Sales Specialists, and BSC personnel.
- Conduct routine visits to Branches to assist the AVP and his or her direct reports by identifying and evaluating branch performance, safety compliance, inventory levels, SOP compliance, and training gaps. May also be called upon to help cover branch management duties when the Branch Manager is absent.
- Approves sales quotes and contracts.
- Travels with salesmen periodically to call on regular and prospective customers.
- Serves as liaison between employees and management, providing performance advice and direction in conjunction with the Human Resources department and senior management.
- Reviews costs, product quality and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Prepare monthly sales reports; assist management with annual budgeting requirements for the division.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume setting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of SAP. Competency must be at least to the level of the branch manager, but advanced skills preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a timely and efficient manner and anticipating critical deadlines.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, MSDS, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be flexible to adjust work schedules to meet operational requirements, may include ‘on call’ weekend work.
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Be punctual and comply with work schedule.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Five to ten years experience in retail, sales or operations
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.