Job ID: EN_US_1704240
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
District Manager - Ag Products (Western IA) (1704240) – Remote Position
We’re looking for a District Sales Manager to act as the face to BASF field staff, to the marketplace and to key industry stakeholders or trade organizations. As a District Sales Manager you will have responsibility for leading the retail & grower focused resources within their geography, inclusive of managing both direct reports and influencing indirect reports. You will also be responsible for the defined financial performance in your assigned district.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Manage sales, people development & customer engagement targets within your geography
- Assign given sales targets to Business Representatives; Coach Business Representatives to achieve their assigned sales targets
- Achieve targets by leading your team in translating and deploying the national marketing strategy/messages into sales execution plans for their local area(s), while acting as an advocate for BASF & the agriculture industry
- Establish and cultivate a culture of high performance that seeks continuous improvement, and which embraces the need for practice & constant communication
- Bring constructive input & feedback regarding processes, needed investments and proactively engage in cross-District exchanges aimed at speeding the delivery of best practices and deployment of new tactics or ideas
- Promote staff engagement, cultural values and embrace the use of data beyond sales figures as key characteristics of a successful field sales staff
- Act as a key spokesperson for BASF’s internal and external communications with employees, customers and the marketplace
As a District Sales Manager, your Leadership Core responsibilities will include…
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Where you'll work…
You'll be based centrally within the District and managing a team of Business Representatives in Western Iowa. Our opportunities can take you all over the world...
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- BS/BA Degree, with 8+ years of sales and/or marketingexperience
- 2+ years in a role aligning business plans to company strategy
- Willing and able to reside in an area within the district
- Interpersonal competencies appropriate for motivation and coaching of a competitive, positive, ethical sales team
We Also Look For…
- Experience leading a team
- Sales and/or marketingexperience within the agricultural industry and/or related industries