As a Trane District General Manager - Residential HVAC and Supply you will be responsible for leading all aspects of a sales district to achieve equipment and supply revenue targets, maximize profits, increase share, and ensure customer loyalty.
- Responsible for the achievement of budgeted residential and light commercial equipment, parts, and supplies gross sales, generated margin, market share, and new dealers within the assigned geographic territory.
- Develop and grow a highly engaged, winning culture, within the region enabling a premier customer experience.
- Ensures compliance of all, environment health and safety, quality standards, and sales and operations processes required for effective and efficient execution of business objectives and customer satisfaction
- Accountable for full P&L for the district
- Participation in the regional business planning, budgeting and forecasting process
- Foster channel partnership with the independent wholesale distributors, commercial sales office, and independent distributors
- Develop and lead team of direct reports, including sales leaders, field services representatives, and operations leaders. Set team vision and create a high-performing teams, accountable for the execution of the district business plan.
- Provide the tools, environment, and opportunity for associates to develop; resulting in an empowered and productive team
- Coordinate strategies and ensure effective and appropriate utilization of district team resources.
- Lead district team communication strategy and set vision for the team
- Lead effort to ensure effective team execution and communication through review meetings, key metrics, technical excellence, consumer relations, and talent acquisition.
- Utilize HR resources and processes to effectively work with team to establish goals, manage overall performance management, and ongoing development.
- Maintains constant awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems within assigned area; recognizes trends that develop, makes appropriate recommendations as required including footprint.
- Lead operational excellence across stores and with retail operations leaders and retail excellence coach.
- Ensure Ingersoll Rand Sales Excellence processes are implemented and utilized in a consistent manner.
We are looking for a leader who has the ability to work in harmony with all members of the organization and display that ability on an ongoing, daily basis. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- We are looking for an experienced Leader with a BS degree or equivalent from an accredited four-year college and 5+ years of sales and operations management experience. HVAC sales or related HVAC knowledge is beneficial. Proven experience in leading teams and building customer relationships is a requirement. A strong knowledge and comfort level with computers is necessary. Programs used include Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of HVAC distribution and dealer sales, service, installation and business practices preferred.
- Experience in the development and execution of distribution and marketing plans and programs.
- As an authorized driver for the company, you will need a valid driver's license, with no major or frequent traffic violations.
- Team skills, both as a leader and team member.
- Strong planning, organizational and delegation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic vision capability
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and Access.