Responsible for leading a geographic district of approximately 20 H&R Block retail tax offices. The District General Manager provides the leadership and direction to instill a client-focused culture throughout the district, resulting in increased client retention and client satisfaction. Responsible for accelerating business growth through implementation of business plan, marketing, and identification of growth opportunities.
- Recruit, interview, and hire seasonal tax office associates. Support Office Leaders in hiring of office-level associates.
- Coach and elevate performance of associates through goal-setting, coaching, and providing timely feedback. Support Office Leaders in end-to-end performance management of office-level associates. Responsible for triggering corrective action processes, as necessary, for direct reports.
- Responsible for providing associate development opportunities, building a culture of recognition and focusing on associate retention, resulting in a high-performing, energized, and collaborative district team.
- Champion client experience by ensuring every office associate is focused on easing the client’s tax-related stress by providing a welcoming and personalized service. Seek and utilize client feedback to drive decisions and prioritize client-focused change. Promote the H&R Block brand within community, to clients, and to associates.
- Implement business plan and identify district growth opportunities. Exceed business results and rapidly gain market share by implementing a district-level market plan. Hold Office Leaders and associates accountable for business growth at office and individual levels. Utilize business data to make decisions to drive business results.
- Develop, implement and monitor strategy to increase client satisfaction and client retention within district.
- Manage staffing, labor, and compliance.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six to eight years of business experience to include strategic development, budgeting and people management
- Effective management of field personnel to include a working knowledge of organizational planning techniques including the development of goals and objectives, staffing, and work standards
- Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven ability to work in a diverse work setting
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills that apply to all levels of the organization
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work irregular schedules