Join H&R Block, a global consumer tax services provider that has prepared more than 680 million tax returns since 1955. There are approximately 12,000 company-owned and franchise retaillocations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, and on U.S. military bases around the world. An H&R Block branded retail office is located within five miles of most Americans.
The District General Manager is responsible for leading a geographic district of approximately 17 H&R Block retailtax offices. Recruits and hires seasonal district associates, providing coaching, development, and performance management to direct reports. Manages office leaders and holds them accountable for coaching, development, and performance management of office associates. The District General Manager leads and manages the district by establishing and maintaining sales plans, offices, hiring, training and evaluating district associates. Ensures that policies and procedures are implemented and followed in each supervised office to increase revenues, control expenses and promote client satisfaction through a consistent positive experience. Responsible for accelerating business growth through implementation of business plan, marketing, and identification of growth opportunities. Effectively manages labor to ensure maximum productivity and profitability.
- Recruit, interview, and hire and onboard high caliber, top performing talent for key district positions. Support Office Leaders in hiring of office-level associates.
- Coach and elevate performance of associates through goal-setting, coaching, and providing timely feedback. Support Office Leaders in end-to-end performance management of office-level associates. Responsible for triggering corrective action processes, as necessary, for direct reports.
- Provide leadership, growth and development opportunities to direct reports and create a high performing, engaged, and collaborative district team. Build a recognition culture in alignment with the Company's vision and mission.
- Champion client experience by ensuring every office associate is focused on easing the client's tax-related stress by providing a welcoming and personalized service. Seek and utilize client feedback to drive decisions and prioritize client-focused change. Serve as brand ambassador and promote the H&R Block brand within community, to clients, and to associates.
- Implement business plan and identify district growth opportunities. Exceed business results and rapidly gain market share by implementing a district-level market plan. Hold Office Leaders and associates accountable for business growth at office and individual levels. Utilize business data to make decisions to drive business results.
- Meet or exceed sales targets by developing and executing a sales plan that grows market share and clients, while retaining current client base. Accelerate growth through active participation in B2B and B2C events, building not-for-profit relationships.
- Develop, implement and monitor strategy to increase client satisfaction and client retention within district. Seek and utilize client feedback to drive decisions and prioritize client-focused change.
- Manage staffing, labor, and compliance.