District Director - Long Term Care Operations
CVS Health has a powerful purpose – “Helping people on their path to better health.” To enable this purpose, we have several initiatives, existing and new, that are re-inventing pharmacy and enabling better health outcomes. In Omnicare, we support our company’s purpose by delivering practical and innovative solutions to address the needs of continued care communities This critically important role is responsible for leadership of the Omnicare Pharmacy Field organization in a specific geographical area.
A district consists of up to 15 closed-door pharmacy locations with monthly script volumes up to 900,000 scripts and up to 900 colleagues. This role will report to a Vice President of Omnicare Pharmacy Operations and will develop and implement strategies to improve operational excellence and superior customer service among all designated long-term care pharmacy locations. The District Director position is accountable for ensuring operational excellence through the delivery of the right drug, to the right place, at the right time.
The leader in this role will have the opportunity to impact our business in the following ways:
- Manage the operational performance of pharmacies within a specific geographical area (district) in order to achieve operational targets while maintaining controllable costs, quality standards and superior customer service.
- Maintains a regular pharmacy visit cadence.
- Ensures all federal, state, and local compliance requirements are met. Ensures appropriate resources are mobilized and operating effectively in order to meet customer commitments.
- Identify opportunities, develop strategies, present recommendations, and implement programs to improve overall pharmacy performance in order to differentiate Omnicare from our competitors in a highly regulated industry. Consults with internal partners to identify and implement processes and actions designed to impact the performance of the pharmacies, adjust to changes in pharmacy volume and respond to customer feedback.
- Partners with internal key stakeholders to implement standardized initiatives to improve pharmacy performance.
- At the discretion of the Vice President of Operations, may participate in key client meetings and business reviews.
- Implements enterprise-wide standard processes, programs and procedures among pharmacies within a designated geography.
- Leverage expertise in supply chain and pharmacy operations to devise and deliver on new dispensing methods through a variety of distribution channels such as automation and enterprise partnerships.
- Participate in leadership development, succession planning and engagement programs for the organization to ensure we have the appropriate level of talent to support current and future needs of the organization. Develop and mentor the next generation of exceptional leadership talent for our growing organization.
- Operate with strong business acumen; hold accountability for employee engagement and turnover, customer service survey scores, compliance and operational metrics for the pharmacy locations within their geography.
The District Director, Operations LTC will be a dynamic and inspirational leader with an exceptional track record of achieving results in a complex environment.
The candidate will possess the following professional qualifications:
- 5+ years of operations management experience, including demonstrated responsibility over managing workflow, resources, quality, and compliance.
- 5+ years of prior experience managing multiple operations locations, including leading/directing teams of managers.
- Ability to travel regularly, up to 50%.
MBA is preferred
Bachelor's Degree required; equivalent work experience may substitute