At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Compass Group - Chartwells is seeking a highly skilled DISTRICT CONTROLLER to oversee financials for our high volume food service operation for a premiere account at NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY located in EVANSTON, IL and Chicago location. Successful candidate will have direct oversight over $38MIL and indirect oversight of $15MIL. This opportunity is in the customer service industry so ideal candidate will enjoy interacting with people and have the ability to be client facing.
Working as the District Controller you will oversee all the accounting and control functions of the accounts within a particular division. This includes all revenue and expense reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and monthly financial reporting requirements.
- Receives and ensures accuracy of end to end management of the finance function at the account
- Provides strategic financial support to the operations to ensure that all opportunities for revenue generation and cost containment are identified and fully exploited in all areas of the business
- Analyzes and interprets financial results in order to assist and advise the General Manager and the Company Corporate Team
- Ensures compliance with the management agreement
- Maintains effective system and control procedures
- Prepares the financial statements within the time frames supplied in the corporate closing schedule and according to Company Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Uniform System of Accounts
- Ensures all invoices are sent to clients in a timely manner
- Ensures all AP & AR’s are managed in an efficient manner
- Prepares timely and accurate sales, uses occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
- Ensures integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing functions
- Ensures that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by the Company are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate
- Reviews forecasts and budgets prepared by management team to ensure that the clients and Company Corporate Management are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable
- Presents and explains financial results to client
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Seven plus years business experience in similar position
- Microsoft Excel & Access application development experience helpful
- Powerful communication and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office, Strong Access experience, SAP GL, SAP Payroll
- The individual must possess a demonstrated ability to manage multiple task & priorities, have strong organizational skills, and produce consistently accurate work
- Team Player and motivator, detail oriented, forward thinking, creative, ability to work under strict deadlines and maintain and a consistently stable work environment