The first-line supervisor responsible for directing the activities of Hospital Sales Specialists (HSS) for a specific district. Develops and oversees implementation of strategies to meet national and regional goals and ensures productivity and profitability of district. Recruits, trains, and manages the development of HSSs. Maintains records and measures of individual and district sales performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements plans for district and for individual employees to meet goals established at regional and/or national level.
- Develops and manages budget for district.
- Recruits, trains, and oversees the development of each assigned HSS.
- Spends approximately 75% of time working in the field, one-on-one, with assigned HSS.
- Coaches and motivates HSS to achieve goals through individual and team activities.
- Establishes and maintains effective one-to-one relationships with subordinate employees though counseling and other leadership skills.
- Manages and evaluates HSS performance on ongoing basis.
- Trains sales representatives in product information and selling techniques.
- Assists regional and corporate-based trainers with the development of training programs to address specific district or individual needs.
- Educates HSS on company benefits and guidelines.
- Performs a variety of employee relations activities with assigned HSS.
- Plans and conducts effective District sales meetings.
- Communicates effectively with HSS, peers, and superiors producing favorable impact.
- Prepares various reports and presentations for Corporate clients, as needed.
- Completes other administrative functions in a timely manner.
- Tracks the activity and performance trends of each HSS and addresses, with individuals, as appropriate.
- Assesses technical readiness of HSS to sell Mallinckrodt products.
- Provide informal leadership to other managers.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Minimum of 6 years sales experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years recent District Sales management experience is preferred
- Must have demonstrated record of success with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Hospital experiencerequired