At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search in our New England District for a Business Line Leader with extensive experience in the Energy sector, heavily focused in Transmission & Distribution.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team!
Envision. Inspire. Transform.
Embodies WSP USA’s values of innovation and client success, focused on WSP’s growth by providing marketing, sales and technical leadership and support to the district across all sectors. Maintains relationships with top clients in the district, leads National Business Line (NBL) strategy and implementation into client value proposition.
Within the district, leads NBL practice and coordinating technical expertise and sales across sectors to position WSP as the preferred and trusted choice for clients and employees through successful execution of WSP USA’s strategy focused on our four pillars of success: Clients, Expertise, People & Culture and Operational Excellence.
- Leverages our broad technical experience to enhance current and new service offerings
- Fosters the development of new and emerging innovations to remain the trusted thought leaders in our industry
- Advances the strategic direction of the district and positions the district and region for sustained and continued growth consistent within the context of the strategic plan
- Encourages, supports and promotes the technical and professional development of all staff within WSP
- Sets clients at the center for all we do, helping them be “Future Ready” through sustainable planning and design, and prepared for emerging market disrupters
- Brings an expanded view and integrated response to complex challenges by leveraging our full suite of offerings across all end markets
- Utilizes our extended reach across regions, districts, offices and the globe to foster new and innovative client delivery
- Deploys our unique expertise and perspective to create new value for clients and provides civic and industry leadership within the district
- Manages client coordination and cross-selling efforts across all business lines in coordination with Region, District, National Business Lines, MEC and Pursuit Management
People & Culture
- Attracts the best industry talent by fostering a work environment that is collaborative, values inclusion and diversity and invites broad, creative thinking – crafting a more attractive place to work, grow and thrive.
- Emphasizes employee training and development to create a unique work experience
- Strategic recruitment, promotional programs and performance management focused on the employee experience, wellness and safety
- Inspires, motivates and promotes the best of WSP to our clients and communities to ensure strong employee engagement and morale.
- Supports programs such as Safety, Sustainability and Ethics & Compliance
- Prioritize investments to enhance WSP’s ability to deliver high quality, sustainable projects for clients bringing the best tools and practices available to market
- Optimizes the client and employee experience through regular review and implements process improvements and automation
- Focuses on innovation and enhancing health & safety, quality and sustainable standards
- Develops district growth, forecast and business development strategy in collaboration with Region Business Line Leaders and National Business Lines
- Pulls together the best teams to maximize productivity including bringing in technical expertise as applicable to best solve client challenges
The successful candidate will need to operate from a mutually agreed office within the district.
Key performance indicators include EBITDA, Organic Growth, DSO, Utilization, Backlog, Inclusion & Diversity and Guiding Principles
Provides leadership to the Energy district business line in collaboration with other business line leaders in the district and region including: Environment, Water, Transportation, Property & Buildings, Pursuit Management, Marketing Excellence Center, Regional Sales
- 15+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Essential License (e.g. PE) as applicable
- Demonstrated experience of leadership, personal accountability, persistent and goal oriented
- Ability to innovate and re-think the conventional approach to client and employee engagement
- Strong business acumen with an aptitude for improving processes
- Commitment to internal and external client service
- Experience in the Energy sector including renewables, hydropower, and central generation plant submarkets, with a heavy focus on the transmission & distribution submarket.
- An understanding of all end market sectors within the A/E/C industry is a plus
- Motivational; staff development mindset; excellent leadership/managerial and mentoring/teaching skills
- Highly organized; detail oriented; skilled with implementation/ logistics
- Budget management / enterprise business aptitude
- Experience with change management
- Collaborative, drives consensus
- Strong communication skills