As the Asset Protection Manager you will lead Asset Protection activities for your assigned Store in accordance with company policies and procedures, in order to drive
• Team Development-
o Actively walks the floor and coaches in the moment to enhance each associate’s ability to develop
o Frequently conducts developmental conversations with direct reports and maintains notes on observations of strengths and opportunities
o Interviews and hires Asset Protection talent for the store
o Coaches associates and advises Store/District Leadership Teams when opportunities are noted
• Shrinkage and Safety-
o Tailors company Asset Protection direction to their particular store and creates new ways to educate and motivate store teams to focus on shrinkage reduction and safety
o Coaches store associates on keeping work areas and sales floor free of hazards to protect customers and associates from accidents
o Regularly analyzes and reviews incident trends to advise store leadership of action steps that can be used to prevent future incidents
• Merchandise Protection-
o Periodically audits departments for merchandise protection standard adherence
o Walks the sales floor to identify merchandise protection opportunities that deviate from company standards
• Court Hearings-
o Attends hearings as required and updates appropriate files with court-related outcomes
o Maintains relationship with local law enforcement
• Internal & ORC Investigations-
o Proactively identifies potential acts of theft and fraud by observing associate and customer activity and reviewing exception reports and ISS referrals
o Aggressively investigates suspicious behavior (collects intelligence, documents behavior, installs cameras, etc.)
o Interviews associates suspected of theft or fraud in accordance with company policies and properly documents all stages
o Reviews and ensures all AP documentation is complete, accurate and is maintained to the policies of the company
o Communicates MI photo alerts to associates and partners with other locations/retailers to identify ORC groups and patterns
o Takes direction from District Asset Protection Manager and/or Market Investigator to gather evidence on ORC and external fraud
• Performance Standards-
o Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) shrinkage, product and service sales, customer service, productivity and attendance
Skills & Experience
• Work Experience – 3-5 years relevant experience, ideally in a big-box retailer or in multi-unit specialty retail
• Education – Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
• Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results; provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
• Develops Talent – Builds a diverse and high performing team; provides feedback and stretch assignments to foster growth; empowers the team to make critical decisions; rewards and recognizes efforts and frequently discusses future opportunities and development plans.
• Practices Candor – An approachable and unguarded leader that shares honest and constructive feedback with team; sincere with communication.
• Organization/Time Management - Plans and structures work; prioritizes tasks based on impact to sales, profit or customer experience; executes tasks in an efficient manner.
Job ID: 1071224