The Distributor Sales Specialist is responsible for the development and management of assigned distribution partners throughout the US. Through a combination of relationship building/management, in-person/remote sales support, and market development activities, this position will drive sales opportunities of our PET/PVC/HDPE product lines in our major distributionpartnerships. This position will be liaison between the distributors and cross-functional internal teams to ensure that their needs and expectations are met by proactively and systematically building value at these accounts. Intercompany management of engineering and development efforts on behalf of these distributors will be required.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Develop account penetration, development, and growth strategy
· Identify comprehensive understanding of distributor and customer needs – both long/short term – and identify key buying factors beyond purchasing
· Assess account opportunities, account trends and define aspirations
· Identify key decision makers and influencers beyond purchasing (total enterprise) and craft relationship plan. Manage the relationships within these customer's management structure
· Hold quarterly partnership meetings across distributor organizations allowing both parties to extract value
· Conduct systematic performance reviews with distributor senior management
· Develop, maintain, and execute on action plan assuring how distributor will achieve targets, identify specific actions to improve profit and grow the business
· Manage and execute negotiations including developing value propositions for the distributor either independently or as a member of the team
· Coordinate information flow and action planning with relevant functions (cross-functional team coordination) via strong program management skills.
· Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or Related Field
· Minimum 3-5 years of successful distribution sales experience, preferably in packaging.
· Good Communication, Negotiation and selling skills
· Ability to develop a sales plan and execute it
· General plastics technical knowledge preferred
· Understands financial modelling and cost accounting
· Ability to build confidence and support of key distributors
· Works cross functionally both internally and externally with customers
· A self-starter, aggressive and focused
· Solid technical aptitude with regards to resins, manufacturing process, barrier materials and other competitive packaging mediums
· Ability to cross functionally network – external as well as internal
· Travel up to 50%
· Valid driver's license
· Home office work area
· Ideal location would be the central Midwest.
Priority Plastics offers attractive compensation, benefits, people centric culture and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Priority Plastics comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, 401(k)/match and tuition reimbursement.