We are looking for Distribution Specialist ?for our client in South Bend, IN
Job Title: Distribution Specialist
Job Location: South Bend, IN
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Under supervision, responsible for pulling, packaging and shipping of customers orders for enteral, supplies and equipment in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Strong attendance and punctuality is a must.
- Meet daily minimum productivity numbers for pulling and packing/shipping.
- Process daily orders in a timely and accurate manner according to department standards in a pick / pack environment.
- The picking standards in the South Bend warehouse are 18 orders per hour. Must be agile and able to move at a very quick pace while fast on your feet.
- Box and pack orders with packing materials to insure safe delivery
- Pull product for orders; verifying product numbers and quantity
- Box and pack orders with packing materials to ensure safe delivery
- Verify that order is pulled correctly
- Stock shelves accurately
- Assure regulatory compliance, process controls and safety standards are met.
- Ensure all company, employee and regulatory policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain an organized, safe work environment.
- Know and follow all safety rules.
- Make sure all stock is rotated and date stickers are on all product.
- Make sure no expired product is on the shelves.
- Keep warehouse clean.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All jobs require employees to be able to multi-task
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to be standing most of the day
- Read, write, analyze, compare
- Work as a team
- May be required to operate (once certified) a fork-lift and cut wafers.
- Pick the priority shipments first as communicated by the supervisor.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED.
- MATHAMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- The picking standards at the end of the initiating stage are 18 orders per hour.
Weekly Hourly Targets for new employees:
- Week 1?10 orders per hour
- Week 2 - 13 orders per hour
- Week 3- 15 orders per hour
- Week 4 - 18 orders per hour
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited variation exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Proper handling of hazardous materials is required.
- This position operates in a warehouse environment which requires strict adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- This environment includes but is not limited to: The use of heavy equipment (e.g., forklifts, freight elevators, trucks, vehicles, etc.), managing inventory on shelving from zero to 12 feet in height, climbing stairs, stacking product on pallets over 12 feet, varying indoor temperatures from 50 to 105degrees, dust, hazardous materials (gas, diesel, propane, cleaning solvents, etc.).