With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed – The Digital Performance Company – provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers – including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position
Title: Distribution Sales Manager
- Meet Annual Y/Y Growth Objectives
- Create a joint business plan with our distribution partner (specifically Avnet) that delivers Y/Y growth of the RVBD portfolio.
- Work with marketing and distribution marketing to develop pipeline for key partners -
- Assist in quarter close activities to successfully move tactical opportunities to close before business deadlines
- Drive Profitability
- Identify opportunities and drive partner engagement to improve RVBD profitability through improved operations by leveraging distribution expertise
- Work cross functionally throughout RVBD and distributor to maintain high attention on priority projects
- Manage Partnership to Overall Success
- Nuture and maintain thoughtful and relevant engagement executive relationships for RVBD and Distributors at highest levels: EBC’s, Partner Summits, QBRs, etc.
- Complete effective QBR’s reviewing business objectives, strategic projects and critical areas for attention for future success.
- Communicate opportunities and escalate risks when appropriate. Other duties as assigned
- Education/Experience: Four-year college degree in Business or Scientific discipline with at least 10 years experience in working with major distributors. MBA preferred.
- Skills/Abilities: Sales and marketing background. Proven ability to set a successful strategic plan in place and execution skill to deliver against it
- Industry and technical knowledge including: Application/Network Performance, Storage, Networking, and Virtualization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to scale presentations to various audiences (executive level, marketing, Inside Sales, and technical audiences, etc).
- Career track record of success through managing all available resources to your unfair advantage in a collaborative and productive approach