- To effectively manage and maximize the Power and Network business unit’s distribution revenue and margin goals within an assigned territory; with salessupported through distribution.
- To achieve this objective, the DistributionSales Manager plans, organizes, coordinates and supports the customers and mfg. representative’s in their assigned region.
- They work directly with the Power FAEs, Network User SAE, marketing teams, inside sales, engineering, quality, customer service and planning team.
- The job is performed with minimum supervision, and travel of 40-60% is required.
- Bachelor of Science in technical field, i.e., Engineering, Physics, or Business degree.
- Three to five years’ direct sales and/or sales management experience in technical oriented business (technical marketingexperience also acceptable).
- MUST HAVE experienceselling electrical / electronic components
- MUST HAVE distribution or channelsalesexperience
- Experience should be on a national scope.
- Strong background in successful technical sales and technical sales management to major industry leaders.
- A strong background in science, especially electrical.
- Strong contract negotiation skills.
- Experience in structuring "deals."
- Knowledge of electronic components and an understanding of distribution policies and procedures.
- Understanding of electronic concepts.
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques.
- Understanding of QA concepts.
- Understanding marketing techniques and philosophy.
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, smart planner and able to work well with support staff.
- Also, must have the ability to direct and motivate people who have no direct reporting relationship to the DSM.
- Strong product management; marketing and sales management skills are a must.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively.
- Extreme tactfulness and persuasive skills required.
- Comfortable making presentations to all levels of customer interfacing, including senior management.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills a must.
- Ability to communicate with extremely technical individuals as well and purchasing and planning teams.
- Sensitivity to what people are thinking and what makes them react positively.
- A confident, friendly, "can do" attitude.
- Ability to relate to people on all levels.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Interface with Sales Manager, Inside Sales, Customer Service, Product Management, MARCOM Engineering, Quality, Planning, Finance and Senior Management
- Company Authorized Distributors, Company Manufacturing, Representatives, Design Engineers, Component Engineering, Purchasing, Management
- Identify the decision makers at the distributors for product and design.
- Qualify company parts and effectively compare competition.
- Engineering, organizational, and strong people skills are required.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES:
- Work with company and distributor’s engineering/sales departments to secure the design-in of company products.
- Negotiate price and delivery for optimum profits for company and insure orders from the distributors.
- Supply forecast, trip reports, sample feedback, marketing input, and other information to facilitate complete communication between company, the distributor’s, and the market.
- Work with distributor’s management to obtain preferred or key status for company on distributor’s line card.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions for orders, LOIs, and contracts, etc.
- Work with company design engineers to meet customer requirements while maintaining compatibility with company design and manufacturing concepts.
- Provide input to product marketing and engineering on business and technical trends at the customer.
- Provide sales and bookings forecasts as appropriate and as directed by the BU Sales Manager.
- Act as key contact or liaison between assigned distributors.
- Interact with operations as necessary to meet distributor requirements or to resolve business or technical issues.
- Make presentations to management as necessary.
- Develop and initiate workable procedures and business plans to maximize business at distributor.
- Establish firm sales objectives for assigned distributors.
- Provide knowledgeable and efficient technical interface between distributor program engineering functions and company design engineering functions.
- Provide product marketing with latest known technical information to meet leading edge product needs in the marketplace.
- Help solve distributor related problems within the organization.
- Understand market for customers' products that utilize company products.
- Work monthly distributor report cards for optimal company performance.
- Participate in distributiontrade shows, seminars and showcases.
- Partner withmarketing team on collateral and branding with distribution.
Whether you are considering a career move or looking for your first job, the company understands that you will weigh the rewards and benefits a company has to offer. This is why they are committed to providing their employees with a comprehensive package that stands as one of the most competitive within the manufacturing and engineering industries. All of their benefits start immediately, which means no waiting periods for you and your family.
- Competitive salaries
- Your choice of PPO or HMO Medical Plans
- Dental, Vision, and Prescription plans
- Group life insurance
- Short and Long term disability coverage
- Vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) Savings Plan Matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- NO Waiting Periods on any Benefits