About Us At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward. Our Missoula, MT office is seeking a Distribution Project Engineer to join our nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals.This position will serve as a technical lead with specialization in the area of distributiondesign as well as project management and client management for distribution projects. The primary duties of the Project Engineer will include:
- Overhead and underground distribution line design, preparation of cost estimates, specifications, staking sheets, develop construction units, written reports and to perform routine engineering assignments requiring application of standard techniques and procedures.
- Make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures; plan, organize and supervise small to medium staff of professionals and technicians.
- Lead QA/QC process on design projects as well as mentor junior engineers.
- Depending on experience, the Project Engineer may function as a Project Manager on mid-size projects but project management is not sole focus of position.
- Responsible for supporting the development of new and existing Power Delivery clients in the United States.
- Bachelors in Engineering required. (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Civil Engineering degreepreferred.)
- 5+ years of experience in distribution planning, distribution modeling, distribution coordination, distribution line design is required.
- Experience using PLS-CADD and otherdesign software preferred
- Experience performing structural analysis, plan and profile preparation, line optimization, preparing specifications and drawings, and other engineering documents required for overhead and underground line projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or active commitment to obtain P.E. License required.
- 5+ years of experience performing aspects associated with overhead and underground electricaldistribution system analysis and design, distribution field staking, joint-use field review and design, and knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) is desired.
- Experience providing technical leadership.
- Strong client skills are required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience performing aspects associated with electricaldistribution modeling and planning, distribution coordination, developing construction work plans, developing long range plans, distribution line design and staking, National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) knowledge, and low voltage lighting design is desired.
- Preference will be given to local regional candidates.
Why HDR At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.