The Distribution Product and Process Manager is responsible for managing the documentation processes, procedures, and training materials for all products supported. Process mapping will be a key element and training internal users on the products. Periodic review of product features and processes will be conducted to ensure the right steps are in place and continue to evolve alongside the technology.
This position will work with the other MGMRI product managers on cross product requirements, and will guide and support the development of these products utilized by the Distribution team in their operational roles. This position requires a detailed understanding of Distribution Management operations, central reservations systems and property management systems. The Distribution Product Manager will collaborate with IT in the product development process using the agile methodology.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement with Standards and Data Governance policies for Property Management and Central Reservation Systems to uphold data integrity and ensure consistent practice across properties.
- Develop strategies and make recommendations to ensure we have a thorough understanding of our central reservation system and are using its capabilities to its full potential.
- Identify gaps or conflicts in requirements; Manage risks & UAT defects and drive toward resolution.
- Ensure proper documentation maintained for Data Governance, Standard Operating Procedures, and Process Management with business partners.
- Act as the Department Champion for training on property management and central reservation system functionality and standard operating procedures across property portfolio.
- Knowledgeable on all products supported to train and refresh new and current users respectively on feature functionality, capabilities and limitations with all products. Will ensure a training plan in place at all times.
- Drive prioritization of products and features to ensure development resources are focused on highest value items on the product roadmap.
- Track new features and bugs in IT tracking tool (Rally).
- Collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders (including corporate marketing, property teams, IT and Content Publishers) to capture business, product and high level technical requirements.
- Monitor and track product feedback to help in the prioritization of development projects.
- Provide visibility into status of upcoming enhancements to stakeholders.
- Liaison between all business owners utilizing products to ensure clear communication and understanding of product offerings and upcoming changes.
- Refine and build the assigned product offerings over time in order to achieve and maintain product efficiency.
- Act as product champion and build effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work with other departments to ensure integration of other third party systems fit into the MGMRI suite of Distribution products.
- Assess overall project, break it down into logical/manageable pieces, analyze relationships/dependencies between pieces and can identify critical path between pieces.
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task.
- Effectively set priorities, understands critical path, can identify needs for and re-establish priorities as required.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hotel Management, IT or in an equivalent technical field: or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in hotel operations, working with central reservation systems and property management systems.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working as a Product Owner, Product Manager, Product Analyst, or IT.
- Previous working experience with Oracle’s Opera OXI Gaming Property Management System.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.