Industry: Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous•
5 - 7 years
Posted 385 days agoby Gary Daugenti
Provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of the Distribution Center including receiving, inventory storage, order filling, and shipping dock operations.
· Maintain a safe workplace. Continuously improve safety awareness throughout the Distribution center.
· Use a LeanDistribution and continuous improvement methodology to make improvements to Distribution center and supply chain operations.
· Work with Distribution management team to plan and execute staffing requirements in order to meet daily commitments.
· Work with Distribution Services to plan and execute long-term strategies.
· Work with the Distribution management team to meet and exceed corporate strategic initiatives for improving productivity, service and quality to internal and external customers.
· Maintain Distribution center facility and material handling equipment.
· Maintain high levels of inventory accuracy. Support the inventory cycle counting program.
· Support Transportation and other cost reduction strategies.
· Justify and implement new equipment and processes to improve quality and efficiency.
· Achieve safety, quality, delivery, and financial expectations.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 5+ or more years of experience managing in a customer oriented environment. Ideal candidate will come from a large big box retailer (Amazon, Home Depot, Target, etc)
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Proven ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and to implement change.
· MBA degree.
· Management experience in a physical distribution or manufacturing environment.
· Experience with Supply Chain Management Systems (PeopleSoft) and Warehouse Management Systems (PkMS).
· Experience with radio frequency and automatic identification uses in material handling.