The Distribution Manager for Supply Chain Management (SCM) provides daily oversight and management of key SCM activities including staffing for receiving warehouse logistics and inventory management. The Distribution Manager works under the supervision of the Director Operations and Logistics SCM. The Manager is responsible for distribution of work schedules performance management and employee relations. Additionally the Manager is responsible for the quality of work productivity team member engagement and morale employee adherence to hospital and department policies necessary to coordinate the maintenance control and distribution of supplies returns and repairs for all RHS distributionlocations. Ensures daily SCM operations are carried out efficiently and supplies are distributed to the medical staff in an efficient and timely manner. The Manager is actively involved in providing support and leadership in establishing operational goals and objectives that support the RHS corporate vision and core values and coordinates with all SCM staff to ensure successful outcomes.
Riverside began serving the Virginia Peninsula community in 1916. In 1963, Riverside moved to the present 72-acre location in Newport News on J. Clyde Morris Boulevard. A 450-bed facility, Riverside Regional Medical Center is the Virginia Peninsulas most comprehensive medical facility combining the most recent computerized medical technology with a healing environment. The Pavilion is a 250,000 sq. ft., $107 million, 3-story addition to Riverside Regional Medical Center, which opened in 2013. This acute care facility provides a regional cancer care center, the Peninsula regions only comprehensive stroke center, the areas only open-heart surgery program, the regions only Level II Trauma Center, and a cornerstone neurosciences program that includes the Chesapeake, Riverside and University of Virginia Radiosurgery Center.
Education:Bachelor's degreerequired. Business Administration, Management, Logistics or related field degreepreferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of management responsibility in supply chain management.
- Prefer seven (7) years or more experience.
- Inventory management, distribution, and/or operations/logistics in a large hospital preferred.
- Experience managing satellite stockroom locations or PARs preferred.
- ERP system experiencepreferred including pulling reports and manipulating data and defining metrics. Making decision based based on this data.
- Strong sense of customer service: this position liaises with leaders and team members across Riverside.
- Receiving/shipping and stockroom environment preferred.