- Under minimal direction, manage and oversee day to day operations
- Manage all activities to ensure successful execution of project(s) and ensure these are completed as necessary to tie in with the overall project result
- Ensure all Safety guidelines & regulations are followed
- Direct leaders, with focus on cost saving, cost avoidance, process improvement and productivity improvement across multiple warehouse facilities
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product dimensional profiles, product flow and transportation methods and needs
- Develop and implement production time studies, head count analyses, downtime analyses, efficiency improvement plans, warehouse slotting and SKU velocity analyses
- Identify bottlenecks and improve flow; analyze inbound, outbound and inventory operations to create and maintain optimum distribution operations
- Perform value stream mapping, process improvements and standardization across all sites
- Work with our vendor partners to identify operational equipment needs and solutions
- Use data to define and build KPI and metrics reporting for senior leadership
- Ensure 6S standards are followed throughout the DC
- Builds trusting relationships by acting as an ambassador of the distribution to the network, in addition to external customers and suppliers
- Collaborates with management to proactively identify and/or resolve issues in a timely manner
- Occasionally research industry trends and provide feedback to the team on innovation, to maintain competitive with industry standards
- Understands how to leverage departments within the warehouses, other modal teams, and Customer Shared Services teams
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to cultivate a collaborative, innovative, results-oriented team with a high level of accountability and cross-functional partnership.
- Strategic vision with the ability to focus both on short-term and long-term objectives.
- Strong operational and process-oriented focus to help the team prioritize and execute flawlessly.
- Business acumen and analytical capabilities; ability to use data-driven insights to make decisions and evaluate risks and opportunities.
- Matrix management skills; ability to collaborate and influence across the organization.
- Working knowledge of Process Improvement (Lean), WMS & Inventory management.
- Experience coordinating business unit demand and supply planning functions to support capacity planning and all order fulfillment requirements.
- Applicant must have a proven track record challenging status quo and implementing change management.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Pivot tables and functional capability with the other applications in Microsoft Office and WMS.
- Ability to analyze financial statements.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a relevant field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- Master’s degree desired but not required
- Minimum 10 years experience in distribution and/or transportation
- Minimum 5 years senior management experience, including extensive supply chain process expertise
- Deep experience in the continuous improvement of, inventory and safety of multiple warehouses/facilities
- Warehouse Management Systems experience, especially implementation, is preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt designation is preferred