JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a smooth operation of the Distribution / Warehousing Department by ensuring 24-hour coverage, providing supervision to all warehouse Supervisors and functional processes within the department and maintaining a properly staffed and trained department that supports the warehousing function by offering the highest levels of logistics support.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Direct and motivate teammates.
* Coordinate the investigation of injuries, accidents and unsafe conditions through the application of company safety standards.
* Maintain a safe facility, including managing the sanitation program, in accordance with company and governmental standards.
* Ensure that warehousing procedures drive profitability by offering cost-effective solutions.
* Prepare, manage and benchmark Distribution Center elements of profit and loss statements.
* Facilitate communication throughout management team and between teammates and management.
* Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable work force.
* Enforce general company policies and issue coaching / disciplinary documentation to teammates.
* Assign accountability within staff for tracking and identifying trends in key performance indicators.
* Establish and participate in the process for providing departmental coverage.
* Exhibit leadership and maintain high level of managerial professionalism at all times.
* Work with Transportation Manager to resolve issues between warehousing and distribution.
* Plan, assign and direct work; address complaints and resolve problems.
* Work more than 10 hours each day and more than 5 days each week as needed due to the high demands of the business and the responsibility over a large number of teammates.
* Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
* Continually meet assigned production standards.
* Follow directions.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
* Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38?F to 110?F; when entering the freezer must be able to withstand temperatures as cold as -10?F.
* Periodically stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head as needed.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have Bachelor degree in Business or a related field.
* Have a minimum of 5 years experience in all facets of outbound and inbound warehousing, preferably in the grocery industry.
* Be familiar with warehousing recordkeeping computer software.
* Be skilled on Excel, Microsoft Word and Access PC programs.
* Be experienced in managing large warehouse staffs with a background in hiring, training, motivating and resolving employee relations issues.
* Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, intra-company memos and outside correspondence.
* Have a minimum of 4 years accounting, planning, analytical and/or reporting experience, preferably in positions of increasing responsibility.
* Be able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
* Possess detailed understanding of financial statements and resulting cost implications.
* Have the ability to identify financial issues and provide cost-effective solutions.
* Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors and teammates.
* Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Have the necessary skills to interpret an extensive variety of instructions with several variables, both abstract and concrete.
* Possess strong analytical and communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Be able to successfully pass an education/experience verification, drug screen and criminal background check.WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The work conditions for this position include both office and warehouse environments.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center and material movement takes place throughout the facility.
* This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
* This position may require working in hot and cold temperature extremes, exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
* Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
* This position has official supervisory responsibilities.